10-6-2020 Tuesday Live Chat

I'm wondering if anyone here is reading anything creepy for October, I do it every year.
I'm big on fiction, however I'll read some non-fiction if it actually engages my interests.

I'm currently on the very last bit of "'Salem's Lot" by Stephen King, and I'm very surprised by how much I've enjoyed it. It is King's second novel, and is critically acclaimed, but gets overshadowed by it's hauntingly good predecessor: "Carrie", as well as "It", "Pet Sematary" and "The Shining" that came after.

It's a simple story about vampires. Particularly how vampires would operate if they stacked up in a secluded small town in Maine. The book does a great job at breathing life into the town by taking the P.O.V of many town-goers at once. So you get a feel for the vast amount of life that a small town has while also subtly building up the creeping suspicious that something isn't quite right and there is evil hiding among the night.
It genuinely made vampires scary again for me. I forgot how terrifying they can be.

Moving on. I'd like to fit in one other novel before the month is over. So if anyone has any recommended reading that I should keep an eye out for then feel free to respond. I was thinking of picking up "The Troop" by Nick Cutter, off of a friend's recommendation but nothing is set in stone.
I just look at my high school yearbook.

Reactions: Paintman
images-31.jpg

For Horror, I like the authors Dean Koontz and Noel Hynd. My favorites by Dean Koontz are, "Hideaway" and "Fear Nothing." All I can think of by Hynd is "A Room For The Dead."

Evening, all

Hi Critter, and everyone else joining us this evening. I'll be posting our nightly intention in about 20 minutes, a little earlier than usual. After putting my granddaughter to bed and reading her her bedtime story, I'll be back for chat.

Reactions: jadamz and 7Critter
Tonight's Intentions

Tonight we ask that love and protection flow over all those in need and peace come into the world. May our country come together as one and be healed.

May comfort and healing find those who need it and strength be given to those who seek it. Our special request for blessings for those who have asked prayer from us. May their highest good be granted.

We give thanks for the blessings already received.

Amen.

Tonight's Intentions

Tonight we ask that love and protection flow over all those in need and peace come into the world. May our country come together as one and be healed.

May comfort and healing find those who need it and strength be given to those who seek it. Our special request for blessings for those who have asked prayer from us. May their highest good be granted.

We give thanks for the blessings already received.

Amen.
Amen

Amen
Hi
Around Halloween I'll read some short stories from my Edgar Allan Poe anthology collection.

Read Dean Kootz once, liked it, can't remember it.

Reactions: garnetsilver