10-6-2020 Tuesday Live Chat

skeleton-memes-but-none-are-educational-cranium-nasal-bone-humerus-mandible-ribs-thoracic-ver...jpeg
building-if-dont-pay-exorcist-do-get-repossessed.jpeg

I'm wondering if anyone here is reading anything creepy for October, I do it every year.
I'm big on fiction, however I'll read some non-fiction if it actually engages my interests.

I'm currently on the very last bit of "'Salem's Lot" by Stephen King, and I'm very surprised by how much I've enjoyed it. It is King's second novel, and is critically acclaimed, but gets overshadowed by it's hauntingly good predecessor: "Carrie", as well as "It", "Pet Sematary" and "The Shining" that came after.

It's a simple story about vampires. Particularly how vampires would operate if they stacked up in a secluded small town in Maine. The book does a great job at breathing life into the town by taking the P.O.V of many town-goers at once. So you get a feel for the vast amount of life that a small town has while also subtly building up the creeping suspicious that something isn't quite right and there is evil hiding among the night.
It genuinely made vampires scary again for me. I forgot how terrifying they can be.

Moving on. I'd like to fit in one other novel before the month is over. So if anyone has any recommended reading that I should keep an eye out for then feel free to respond. I was thinking of picking up "The Troop" by Nick Cutter, off of a friend's recommendation but nothing is set in stone.

I'm wondering if anyone here is reading anything creepy for October, I do it every year.
I'm big on fiction, however I'll read some non-fiction if it actually engages my interests.

I'm currently on the very last bit of "'Salem's Lot" by Stephen King, and I'm very surprised by how much I've enjoyed it. It is King's second novel, and is critically acclaimed, but gets overshadowed by it's hauntingly good predecessor: "Carrie", as well as "It", "Pet Sematary" and "The Shining" that came after.

It's a simple story about vampires. Particularly how vampires would operate if they stacked up in a secluded small town in Maine. The book does a great job at breathing life into the town by taking the P.O.V of many town-goers at once. So you get a feel for the vast amount of life that a small town has while also subtly building up the creeping suspicious that something isn't quite right and there is evil hiding among the night.
It genuinely made vampires scary again for me. I forgot how terrifying they can be.

Moving on. I'd like to fit in one other novel before the month is over. So if anyone has any recommended reading that I should keep an eye out for then feel free to respond. I was thinking of picking up "The Troop" by Nick Cutter, off of a friend's recommendation but nothing is set in stone.
Never heard of the Troop. But enjoy any read you choose Hudson.

Fun fact.How many here knew our favorite forum member,Lynne, was a trick horse rider?
images-28.jpg

Reactions: Paintman