10-17-2019 Thursday Live Chat Thread

Yes, for me feeling closer to the ancestors. As a kid spending time at my grandparent's place in Ireland I will never forget sitting on the floor of the 'living room' listening to the adults talking and singing songs by the light of the oil lamps. Outside the only light pollution came from a different country and was negligible and oh boy those stars.

In the fields nearby were the stone circles erected by my ancestors 5000 years ago.
My son has built me my very own bonfire for Halloween night. It's huge.

Reactions: Paintman
My wife thinks she has some witch in her. Her grandmother was into natural remedies. She's scared of that side of her though. I told her don't be scared.
Here's a big misunderstanding. You choose to witch...it's an action. That's why it's called a craft. Now, Wicca is a religion. You don't have to be a witch to be a Wiccan but many Wiccans are witches who practice the craft. :) We don't have horns, no devil worship, and the Rede reminds us to Harm none. Pretty much Do unto others...

Reactions: jayiniowa and TonyM
Tony, you just painted a very atmospheric picture.

Thanks Paint, I was so lucky to experience the last of those days and the impressions will never leave me. I can't escape the connection I feel to the past and I'm happy with that.

Reactions: Debi
Thanks Paint, I was so lucky to experience the last of those days and the impressions will never leave me. I can't escape the connection I feel to the past and I'm happy with that.
And you should not escape it. It is part of you. And what a lovely thing to have as a part of yourself.

Reactions: TonyM
Here's a big misunderstanding. You chose to witch...it's an action. That's why it's called a craft. Now, Wicca is a religion. You don't have to be a witch to be a Wiccan but many Wiccans are witches who practice the craft. :) We don't have horns, no devil worship, and the Rede reminds us to Harm none. Pretty much Do unto others...
I hear ya. Have you ever heard of OpenSourceOccultTV on youtube?

It poured through when you wrote that:)

Reactions: Debi and TonyM
i just stumbled upon it the other day. Seems to be a pagans view of the world today. I'm currently in between spiritual beliefs, so Ilisten to many different beliefs.

A thought just occurred to me, did civilization start when humans starting honouring their dead? Cremations, burials, ancestor worship? Did neanderthals do this? We've only been around as a species for about 12k years so when did all this start?

Not expecting answers lol