1-8-2023 Sunday Live Chat

I was curious about this show as well. Still a bit on the fence as it's a Netflix Original and those tend to be pretty hit or miss, usually miss. There was another Netflix Original called Haunted that was supposed to be reenactments of true events based on interviews. Similar to another show called A Haunting. However I guess Netflix decided that telling ghost stories wasn't exciting enough because the one episode I watched had quite a few F-bombs and blatant nudity. Not that I don't see that stuff in other movies or shows but it felt really gratuitous and out of place in this format.

Reading that review I pretty much stopped when they went into the bit about diversity. The idea that diversity and representation is literally only skin deep is a big pet peeve of mine. There are occasionally characters in TV and movies who look like me but I don't identify with them or share anything in common with them. I remember watching Star Trek:The Next Generation as a kid and there was one character that I strongly identified with, despite looking absolutely nothing like them I saw much of myself in their personality, back story and characterization. That character was Tasha Yar. However, according to this idea of representation I, as an adolescent boy, should have identified with Wesley Crusher or I should have seen myself in Voyagers Commander Chakotay due to race/skin color. But I didn't even like either of those characters.

To me, the entire concept of representation, as it's currently discussed, feels regressive in terms of our social fabric by forcing people to focus on superficial traits over the idea of our shared humanity.
I agree with relating to various people. They can be a real person, a tv/movie character or a portrayed person in a book. Regardless of gender or race we all can relate to anyone given the circumstance of what we see in ourselves and the experiences we have faced. That is being human.

animal-dogs-they-did-something-wrong-cats.jpeg

Speaking of mice, how's that situation going, Debi?

As for TV, I've been watching "Medium" and am finding it fairly decent.

Reactions: Selectric
Good evening, guys. I'm on the hunt for new content. :eyes: Feel like a cat on the hunt for mice...lol
Did you already do the article about the, well I guess the title Mad Scientist fits best, who created a machine that lets a house plant wield a machete?

plant machete — David Bowen

He also has one that lets a swarm of Flys shoot a gun.

Did you already do the article about the, well I guess the title Mad Scientist fits best, who created a machine that lets a house plant wield a machete?

Wow...Nope! Missed that one! Thanks, Steve! I'll get that out on main page.

Nice plant. Very nice plant. Think i'm going to sit..over there...lol.