Ghosts???

I agree with you to some degree.

Demonic entities can certainly invade people's psyche and the victim can be 'controlled' by this negative force upon them. One of the things we studied in Demonology was how a demonic presence can influence a person to self-harm and do unthinkable acts to others, things that would be out of the norm for the victim to do. This (typically) starts at the oppression stage, where the victim can become heavily depressed, making it easier for the demonic entity to invade its target during the possession stage. A lot of people from documented possessions have very few memories of self-harming, or inflicting harm on others, following a successful rite of exorcism. Unfortunately, there are also many documented cases where the victims did not make it through the rite of exorcism at all.

There is no documented evidence of a demonic entity possessing a child before birth, or even a child aged between birth and 9-years old. Most demonic possessions, where a child is involved, has been from the age of 10-years old up to 19 years of age. This is generally known as the adolescent years. I have personally been involved in a diabolical haunting case where a 9-year old girl was the target of an attack that reached stage two (oppression) and we ended up bringing the Church in on the case. The girl was unbaptised at the time of the haunting and it all started with the face of an old man in a mirror, with which the father started communication with - and unintentionally acknowledged its presence. Typical demonic action; present themselves as something else to get you to drop your guard down. Next thing you know, stage 1 of a diabolical haunting. We were lucky to catch it at stage two........

Demonic entities will generally target the most vulnerable person it can during the infestation stage and then, during the oppression stage, it will single out that one person. Others who may have witnessed activity during the infestation stage may now believe that things have settled down, with very little activity being noted by them. However, for the targetted individual, things will have become much worse, as the demonic entity will focus all activity on that one person with the single aim of breaking them down. And the more fear it generates, the stronger it becomes.

A demon exists for two reasons, and two reasons alone - to generate and feed off fear, and destroy all that is good in a person. A fetus, a newborn or a really young child (they tend to be quite fearless, I tell can you!) would serve no purpose to a demonic entity and as such, I believe, they generally would not interact with them.
Titch, you are doing an excellent job with the explanations. Over the years here I've written the same things so I have proof we're on the same page on this. I'll just sit back and let you carry on.... :)

Reactions: ozentity

Demonic entities can certainly invade people's psyche and the victim can be 'controlled' by this negative force upon them. One of the things we studied in Demonology was how a demonic presence can influence a person to self-harm and do unthinkable acts to others, things that would be out of the norm for the victim to do. This (typically) starts at the oppression stage, where the victim can become heavily depressed, making it easier for the demonic entity to invade its target during the possession stage. A lot of people from documented possessions have very few memories of self-harming, or inflicting harm on others, following a successful rite of exorcism. Unfortunately, there are also many documented cases where the victims did not make it through the rite of exorcism at all.

There is no documented evidence of a demonic entity possessing a child before birth, or even a child aged between birth and 9-years old. Most demonic possessions, where a child is involved, has been from the age of 10-years old up to 19 years of age. This is generally known as the adolescent years. I have personally been involved in a diabolical haunting case where a 9-year old girl was the target of an attack that reached stage two (oppression) and we ended up bringing the Church in on the case. The girl was unbaptised at the time of the haunting and it all started with the face of an old man in a mirror, with which the father started communication with - and unintentionally acknowledged its presence. Typical demonic action; present themselves as something else to get you to drop your guard down. Next thing you know, stage 1 of a diabolical haunting. We were lucky to catch it at stage two........

Demonic entities will generally target the most vulnerable person it can during the infestation stage and then, during the oppression stage, it will single out that one person. Others who may have witnessed activity during the infestation stage may now believe that things have settled down, with very little activity being noted by them. However, for the targetted individual, things will have become much worse, as the demonic entity will focus all activity on that one person with the single aim of breaking them down. And the more fear it generates, the stronger it becomes.

A demon exists for two reasons, and two reasons alone - to generate and feed off fear, and destroy all that is good in a person. A fetus, a newborn or a really young child (they tend to be quite fearless, I tell can you!) would serve no purpose to a demonic entity and as such, I believe, they generally would not interact with them.
Thanks for that titch.

I do want to add one very important caveat to this thread. Everything presented here is based on what we think we know. As I've said over and over again on this site, we know nothing for a "fact". Everything we know is based on myths, history, first hand reports, holy texts, and a big dose of assumption. We actually don't know for sure what we are actually dealing with but at this point this is our best guess.

Always keep an open mind as new information is learned about the paranormal. Beliefs may vary, and that's to be expected and respected, based on our own belief systems.

Reactions: Lynne and ozentity
I do want to add one very important caveat to this thread. Everything presented here is based on what we think we know. As I've said over and over again on this site, we know nothing for a "fact". Everything we know is based on myths, history, first hand reports, holy texts, and a big dose of assumption. We actually don't know for sure what we are actually dealing with but at this point this is our best guess.

Always keep an open mind as new information is learned about the paranormal. Beliefs may vary, and that's to be expected and respected, based on our own belief systems.

Absolutely, and to reiterate Debi's point further, most of the comments I make in my posts in this forum are based upon my own belief system, observations made over many years studying the paranormal and my own teachings, either by knowledgeable individuals or academic studies. This is why I always use sentences such as 'I believe', 'my theory' or 'in my opinion' in my writings. There are no hypotheses in this field of study - only theories.

The issue with the paranormal, as Debi quite rightly states, is that we do not actually know anything definitive. Nothing can be proven scientifically, and in today's age of science, being able to prove something from a scientific point of view is what matters. Personal experiences, recorded EVPs, the Rempod that goes off - all coincidental and highly interesting to an investigator. Now prove and give scientific evidence that a spirit did it...........

'The perfect paranormal investigator is one that is also a sceptic', I was once told by a 30-year veteran in the field. Never have such true words been spoken. Everybody, especially investigators, should keep an open mind. We can not deny this one simple fact - there are things in this world we just do not yet understand nor can explain. Such is the wonder of our universe and life within it.......

As an investigator, I approach all cases with a sceptic mindset. I enjoy talking to true sceptics, those with strong religious beliefs, witches and wizards, and even those that dabble in the occult, amongst many others, and having conversations about all 'things' paranormal. For me, it is really fascinating to learn new things based on people's beliefs and how the spiritual world around us is affected under those various belief systems. And I always respect the view and beliefs of others, as we all should. Humanity can be great (it also has its moments, unfortunately) - learn from it and openly discuss it. Not everyone will share your enthusiasm for knowledge, but hey, that's their loss and they will miss out on meeting great people like those in this forum.......

What is called a demonic entity is, I think, simply a being that is in a state of severe psychosis. It's just a matter of degree. Some people are saner or crazier than others and a really crazy one is what is called demonic.

I also think this is why capital punishment doesn't work. You take someone who is already crazy and the state murders them which just makes them crazier. Executions only kill bodies. The beings are still there and can still cause trouble with or without a body.

Most Haunted turned me into a sceptic
Hi Flashheart, and welcome to the PNF. Having watched "Most Haunted" several times while in the UK, I can agree it was pretty hokey.

I'd like to encourage you to introduce yourself to the other members of the forum at our "Getting to Know You" thread. Please tell us about your paranormal interests and what brought you here.

Most Haunted turned me into a sceptic
Most if not all of those type shows are just rating grabbers and in my opinion make a mockery of the paranormal, of which they know or have experienced little or nothing of. I think you will find this place a lot more interesting, welcome to the forum Flashheart.

I think with me its more of a fictional thing. When I was a kid i really wished it wasn’t real and when I watched a scary movie I couldn't sleep as I stared into the dark mass in my bedroom. However, as I got older I loved horror movies and how cool it would be if it was real and I did use to have an open mind but over a number of years I have turned more into a sceptic.

A young child may also have Divine protection too. Nicely explained Titch.

Reactions: garnetsilver