Ghosts???

TexDanm

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
About ghosts and the other seemingly “alive” but not normal things that people see. What do you think that the most likely explanation for what they see? There are a lot of offered possibilities ranging from the hallucinations of crazy people to the spirits of the deceased that for some unknown reason stayed that rather than moving on. There are also the variations of beings from another reality or realm that like to hang around and mess with people or maybe just watch our silly ways. You have the people that believe that they may be some sort of at least partially evil being that are here to harm us. ??? Lots of questions and lots of ideas with very few bits of hard repeatable evidence.

Maybe the truth is in several of these ideas. My limited experiences don’t offer me any insights. What I have seen was more like an image of some action in the past being replayed in a sort of translucent faded way that you could see clearly but also were obviously NOT normal. Honestly at no point have I ever been frightened or felt threatened. Maybe I have been lucky and only met with some form of Casper the friendly ghost. Maybe I am just hard to scare. I think that it may be that I am insatiably curious about things and that overwhelms all other emotions.

I think that some people are more able than others to see things beyond the norm and so accept things rather than reject it and make up another more normal explanation for what they have seen or experienced. I have had a couple of “encounters” with what most would describe as ghosts. They were not threatening, and in both cases, it was as if they didn’t see me and were playing out some scene that didn’t involve me.

I have always loved to visit old, abandoned places that had a reputation for hauntings. Anyplace that had a reputation for scary hauntings whether it was a building or a ghost road where big hairy monsters were seen and reported drew me like a bee to honey. The two clear no possible mistake encounters were not in this sort of place. They were in old long-abandoned homes that I was just checking out when I was older or using as a hiding place in a nighttime game of Hide and go seek when I was a kid. Nobody would ever find me because most kids wouldn’t go there alone for any reason.

For some reason, I never had the fear of the dark or being alone in odd places that others seemed to have. I have always been a bit of a loner and a night person. I found out almost as soon as I was allowed out and free at night that cemeteries and my church were two of the most peaceful places to be when I wanted to be alone and not bothered. Old homes that had the doors open and the place long unoccupied were another of my favorite places.

Over the many years, I sought out every haunted place that I heard rumors about. Sadly, in every place, I only found emptiness and a slight sadness of a home or place abandoned and forgotten. I used to hang out in cemeteries. Hey, they are quiet and the people there are good listeners! I never felt uncomfortable. I never said that I was not weird but then I was a loner and where are you more likely to be left alone than in a dark cemetery at night.

It’s funny I twice had guns drawn and put in my face for being in my church at night. I had keys, I was on the board of directors and chairman of the building and grounds committee. I felt safer in the cemeteries after the second time that happened. A word to the wise, if you are in a church at night make sure that you lock the doors and if the cops show up do NOT go outside until they ask you too!!! Little did I know that cops think hanging out in a church at night must mean that you are violent, and they are VERY nervous and have their guns out!!! I also think that they were mad at me because they liked to park behind the church and sleep so I was intruding into their place.

There IS a sort of feeling in a church at night. For me it was peaceful but I can see where the soft quiet feeling that you are not alone might make some people nervous. The only place that I can think of that bothers me are funeral homes. I think that there has been so much misery and sadness that it has over time permeated the walls. The dead are at peace it is the living that haunts those places.

What do you all think a ghost is or even do they exist? Why do some places seem to draw them and then other places that you would imagine would be haunted are just quiet and lonely? If you could, are there people that you would like to have visit you from beyond the veil?

That's the Big Question, Tex.

I still have no conclusions as to what these manifestations are, and I have stood just feet from them, interacted with them, been touched by them.

Intelligent answers to questions indicates that, in these cases at least, a real, intelligent being of some sort is present. Sometimes they indicate that they are or were human in life. Sometimes they don't. I don't know if what I've seen and heard represents only human spirits or a vast menagerie of inter-dimensional inhabitants. Could the answers they give be a ruse? Again, I don't know.

Like all investigators, I'm trying to find answers but the more I do it, the more questions I have.

Like all investigators, I'm trying to find answers but the more I do it, the more questions I have.

Isn't that the truth :)

Firstly, although some people see 'things' under a hallucinogenic state, ghosts are not hallucinogens. If they were, and a ghostly experience was witnessed by many people, then there must be some sort of telepathy involved that affects all members of the group witnessing the event. As we know, telepathy falls under the realms of ESP and, according to science, no such thing exists, and reliable studies of such cannot be conducted without eliminating all possibilities of fraud.....

I knew that the parapsychology course would be useful one day!

As for 'beings' from another dimension/alternative world - nada. I have witnessed too much in investigations and during my previous 'hobby' where contacted spirits have communicated past events, in this world, and even events happening in the here-and-now. If it was an alternate existence crossing over to our world (somehow), then why would they be able to communicate things from this world and this time? The whole theory of an alternate existence is that we are living an alternative life somewhere, not the same one we are in on this world, in this life. Again, it beggars one to wonder if this theory has been put forward simply because the people who threw this one in accept that it can never be proven (or disproven) by science.......

I believe that what we perceive as ghosts are simply manifestations of energy. These different types of energy can change form - as per the laws of physics. They can move between matter - as per the laws of physics. We can measure this energy with equipment such as EMF meters and temperature probes. We can record this energy with the likes of digital voice recorders and digital video equipment. We can detect this energy with Structured Light Sensors, Lidar and IR sensors. We can hear this energy through ITC devices. What we can not explain under current understandings, however, is how this energy can retain a person's personality, memories or show intelligence. That's the mind boggler.......

We have theories on residual hauntings - the 'tape recorder' effect. In 2019, there was a successful recording of data within a silica glass pane using a Femtosecond laser. Now, although this sounds very technical, let's break it down to real terms. Silica is one of the most abundant ingredients found in most building materials from the year dot. Sand is, essentially, silica. Mud contains a certain amount of sand. Mortar, bricks, slate, tiles, concrete and marble contain silica. In effect, a whole building can become a silica recording medium.

A laser is nothing more than intensified light energy. So, data has been stored in a silica medium using energy. Although this is a technological breakthrough for us, why can nature not achieve something similar through natural processes? BUT, then we have to ask how it is possible to 'play' this 'recording' back to us? Phantom footsteps. Shadowy figures 'patrolling' familiar paths. Doors opening or closing. Replaying over and over again with no change in its pattern. If it is just energy stored on a medium, is it possible that the energy can change form to 'present' itself? If so, why does it sometimes only happen at certain times of the day/night? Sometimes, it does not even happen all the time, but on certain dates/days/months.

This is the side of paranormal research and investigations I personally find fascinating. What we don't know outweighs what we do know - and what we can prove. At the moment, anyway...........

What I have seen was more like an image of some action in the past being replayed
I believe this is what most sightings are, in houses, battle fields and anywhere really. Other times our spirits cross over but for whatever reason return on occasion to comfort family or friends. Then there are the endless other entities, I don't feel these are human spirits. That's just my belief based on my personal experiences.

I believe this is what most sightings are, in houses, battle fields and anywhere really. Other times our spirits cross over but for whatever reason return on occasion to comfort family or friends. Then there are the endless other entities, I don't feel these are human spirits. That's just my belief based on my personal experiences.
Oz, I believe you are correct in much of your thinking . The problem is we use one broad brush to paint the situation as a whole. I believe there are different "entities"/things out there. There are ghosts, demons, spirits and residuals in my book.

Oz, I believe you are correct in much of your thinking . The problem is we use one broad brush to paint the situation as a whole. I believe there are different "entities"/things out there. There are ghosts, demons, spirits and residuals in my book.
I don't believe, or don't want to think anything negative could be a human spirit. I just feel spirits are pure but it's our brain wiring that lets us down. I may be closing my mind on this which limits my generally open mind, it maybe my coping mechanism. It's a lot to take in for me.

I don't believe, or don't want to think anything negative could be a human spirit. I just feel spirits are pure but it's our brain wiring that lets us down. I may be closing my mind on this which limits my generally open mind, it maybe my coping mechanism. It's a lot to take in for me.
I believe the true evil ones are not human. Now, some spirits are just downright grumpy like they were in life. But the true evil ones I have run into (2 of them) both were of the non-human domain imo.

I think that spirits have the same personalities as when alive. I think they may gain a new perspective on their lives and that may improve their nature. It’s just my take on things from what evidence we’ve seen through communications. However we really don’t know who or what we’re communicating with. I try to keep an open mind.

I believe the true evil ones are not human. Now, some spirits are just downright grumpy like they were in life. But the true evil ones I have run into (2 of them) both were of the non-human domain imo.
I totally agree.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
You three and your big brains. I’d sincerely love to spend a weekend on a couch just digging into your belief systems. So much to muse about; so much to learn.

Any hoot. TD, I can accept the existence of may occurrences including for example residual haunting, intelligent ghosts, malevolent entitie, and more. I’ve only experienced about a dozen “ghosts” in my life. I think of that as a small number for some reason but not one that I can explain.

i apologize, I’ve been interrupted and distracted. So now I’ve lost my way. But let me share one thing that I remain constantly open to and aware of. As a telepath and empath, I know that I unwillingly receive other living persons’ thoughts - both local and very distant. Those thoughts cannot always be confidently defined as “other’s thoughts” - sometimes they initially seem like my own thoughts. My point here would be that searching our ghost anomalies might be polluted by other persons’ thoughts. So if investigating supposed ghostly events, consider doing so solo.

That was not my first thought I wanted to share. However, the interruption sent me down a different rabbit hole leading me to share just one very specialized perception.

And with that, I think I am mostly drained from a day of long bouts of unplanned mental ping pong. I should go now.