Aging Observations...

Getting used to constant, chronic pain. Even on "good" days, there are low-grade aches. The days with acute pain come more frequently as the months and years go by.
I wasn't ready for it, it is taking some changing in my thinking and altering expectations.
A good attitude is everything.

I still move around quite well, though do have more little aches the older i get. Actually shocked i am not a crumbled pile on the floor as much as i have beat my body up through the years. Did a realization yesterday when an older woman was checking me out hard at the store. I just smiled and went about my business lol.

I do think you've hit upon something there, Ragz. Mindset is a big part of growing older.

On my last trip out to the doc, I happened to look up in the visor mirror I had pulled down to block the sun. All I could see was my forehead and eyes and I suddenly saw "me" in my eyes...the me I was when I was 30. And this very thought came to me...I've allowed myself to "think" old sometimes. Just because the body is not cooperating at the same level it once was, I believe it's important to remember who you really are within. Sometimes we lose track of that person! So I'm shifting my mindset and remembering the soul within again. Even if I can't DO what I used to do, by George I'm gonna think beyond the body. lol

View attachment 52941
You have said it all her Debi. For me the best thing about growing old is seeing the seeds planted when we were young grow, all the projects, children, trees and gardens etc. The worst is that change happens, and we lose things like abilities and people. There is a lot of pain in loss and change. I try to look at it as pruning the soul so it can grow, but it doesn't lessen the pain. It is good you remind us that the soul is ageless, and we will all continue on, that is a balm while we are here. I am grateful to still be here too, and I will celebrate the coming holidays with a full heart and hope to see many more. I wish the same for everyone here, many more to you all.

Getting used to constant, chronic pain. Even on "good" days, there are low-grade aches. The days with acute pain come more frequently as the months and years go by.
I wasn't ready for it, it is taking some changing in my thinking and altering expectations.
A good attitude is everything.
Wise words, it is truly all about attitude. One of my favorite quotes (forgive me if I have said it here before), is by Clint Eastwood. In an interview he was asked how he stays so vital at his ripe old age (paraphrasing here), he simply stated "I don't let the old man in". That says everything. It is all about how you view yourself and make the most of what you have left. I think of him saying this quite often and it helps my attitude.

Wise words, it is truly all about attitude. One of my favorite quotes (forgive me if I have said it here before), is by Clint Eastwood. In an interview he was asked how he stays so vital at his ripe old age (paraphrasing here), he simply stated "I don't let the old man in". That says everything. It is all about how you view yourself and make the most of what you have left. I think of him saying this quite often and it helps my attitude.
I really love that quote, Lynne. I'm gonna put that right next to me and refer to it daily! lol

My friends are all dying. Since 2020, I've lost four of my oldest and dearest friends, a fifth is in hospice care.
This is the really hard part for many of us. Saying goodbye is not an easy task. I try to remember what each passing friend has given me in this lifetime and how they've added to "who I have become".

399498055_875765627247403_8089136135636968871_n.jpg