Aging Observations...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Been reading a lot of your posts about aging lately, and it got me thinking...which is not always a good thing at 3 AM! lol
First, I want to say I feel grateful and blessed that I have been afforded the opportunity to grow old. So many are not given that same gift.
HOWEVER...I have a few complaints along with you guys!
I'm tired of hearing the phrase "boomers" used in a negative fashion. What happened to honoring the elders?
Why can we build things like AI and advanced space ships but can't figure out a way to make our body parts stop hurting?
Wasn't I just in grade school last week? What happened?!
Can you survive aging if you don't keep your sense of humor? (Don't see how!)

My question is, what are your observations or complaints about getting older?
Let's share and don't forget to keep laughing!
image-NzhC6xFuwkDmWOpY.jpg

I don't feel old
I do think you've hit upon something there, Ragz. Mindset is a big part of growing older.

On my last trip out to the doc, I happened to look up in the visor mirror I had pulled down to block the sun. All I could see was my forehead and eyes and I suddenly saw "me" in my eyes...the me I was when I was 30. And this very thought came to me...I've allowed myself to "think" old sometimes. Just because the body is not cooperating at the same level it once was, I believe it's important to remember who you really are within. Sometimes we lose track of that person! So I'm shifting my mindset and remembering the soul within again. Even if I can't DO what I used to do, by George I'm gonna think beyond the body. lol

395203516_173044635861689_3296297188441327268_n.jpg

I guess what I miss is being able to move quickly. I have always been a person who darted around, always eager to get to the next thing. And, you are right Debi! When I look in the mirror, I see that young person still, wanting to go go go. But my body doesn't, lol.

I had an early taste of aging when I got ill with my current health issues, back in my forties. I had to spend so much time moving slowly and resting that I felt old.

I found this excerpt from something called "Gitanjali" and thought it apropos:

"I thought that my voyage had come to its end at the last limit of my power,
that the path before me was closed, that provisions were exhausted and the
time come to take shelter in a silent obscurity.

But I find that thy will knows no end in me. And when old words die out on the
tongue, new melodies break forth from the heart; and where the old tracks are
lost, new country is revealed with its wonders."

Rabindrinath Tagore

I guess what I miss is being able to move quickly. I have always been a person who darted around, always eager to get to the next thing. And, you are right Debi! When I look in the mirror, I see that young person still, wanting to go go go. But my body doesn't, lol.

I had an early taste of aging when I got ill with my current health issues, back in my forties. I had to spend so much time moving slowly and resting that I felt old.

I found this excerpt from something called "Gitanjali" and thought it apropos:

"I thought that my voyage had come to its end at the last limit of my power,
that the path before me was closed, that provisions were exhausted and the
time come to take shelter in a silent obscurity.

But I find that thy will knows no end in me. And when old words die out on the
tongue, new melodies break forth from the heart; and where the old tracks are
lost, new country is revealed with its wonders."

Rabindrinath Tagore
I LOVE that, Garnet! Thank you for sharing it!

I may be wiser but it might be the senility telling me that. I'm still here. Women don't bother me as much, don't know if that's good or bad thing. Don't have to worry about fashion. Have to get up in the night to pee. No hair, on head but plenty of eyebrow and ear hair. Can't step onto the back of the ute, my brain says no. Uglier and fatter ;bg2.