Your First Paranormal(ish) Book

There were so many, I honestly don't remember. I have read so many philosophical and paranormal books over the years. So I will take a guess and say "Chariots of the Gods" by Eric Von Daniken. He certainly had a new perspective of Biblical events. It did make me consider alternative scenarios to some of the sightings recorded by people at the time.

My first UFO book was Frank Edwards' "Flying Saucers--Serious Business." I remember being perplexed as a 6th grader.

I don't recall reading ghost books, but as a sophomore in college a roommate talked me into reading the Carlos Castaneda books while on co-op over the summer. I remember wondering where I could get peyote.
did you ever find out? just wondering, cause i bet peyote Duke has some good stories......lol

I was introduced to the paranormal thru Leonard Nimoy narrating the 1970s TV show "In Search of". My first "paranormal book" was an old anthology of Ripley's Believe it or Not. Gimmie a break tho, I was all of 6 or 7 years old and had only just started reading on my own.
Bingo. forgot about that one!

Reactions: Duke and Paulm
There were so many, I honestly don't remember. I have read so many philosophical and paranormal books over the years. So I will take a guess and say "Chariots of the Gods" by Eric Von Daniken. He certainly had a new perspective of Biblical events. It did make me consider alternative scenarios to some of the sightings recorded by people at the time.
dangit, another one I forgot.!

Reactions: Duke and Paulm
That's his nom de plume, Peyote Duke .. ..or PD;)
yeah he could make up another account as Peyote D and post a story of the day in his own sub-forum..... be both a cautionary tale and humorous section to start the day with.......... im sure we could all add stories along the way of waffle houses and late night adventures of intoxication from certain chemicals.....those blurry moments of life that seem to pop up when the right cell is burned....

did you ever find out? just wondering, cause i bet peyote Duke has some good stories......lol
I had an opportunity once, but didn't try it. The potential of the golden flow test in those days of working certain programs, and frankly the fear of the unknown, made it a fairly easy decision.

I had an opportunity once, but didn't try it. The potential of the golden flow test in those days of working certain programs, and frankly the fear of the unknown, made it a fairly easy decision.
So not even in the college days before you became respectable huh? lol.... i remember a saying that goes through art school "youre not a real artist until you do at least 2 stints of rehab and start a never ending cycle of therapy for depression"....lol...( i never went all in i guess....lol).. new a few guys and girls who fit that description quite well back then though.... and learned never to eat home cooked meals at their place real fast....they liked to make their own butter......and being from the south, i like butter....lol.... if anyone ever says "go light with that butter, it has a kick"...believe them.......or be ready to see sounds and hear colors......lol.... well thats my story for the day...

So not even in the college days before you became respectable huh? lol.... i remember a saying that goes through art school "youre not a real artist until you do at least 2 stints of rehab and start a never ending cycle of therapy for depression"....lol...( i never went all in i guess....lol).. new a few guys and girls who fit that description quite well back then though.... and learned never to eat home cooked meals at their place real fast....they liked to make their own butter......and being from the south, i like butter....lol.... if anyone ever says "go light with that butter, it has a kick"...believe them.......or be ready to see sounds and hear colors......lol.... well thats my story for the day...
No, the single opportunity I had to try peyote (or what was called peyote) was well after college and outside the US. I wasn't about to take the word of some character hawking drugs like ice cream as he strolled down a beach. I've never been an adventurous sort when it such things.