Your First Paranormal(ish) Book

Duke

Open-minded critical thinker
Staff
Reaction score
What was the first real paranormal(ish) book you remembering? How old were you? How did you reacted to it or it affect your current beliefs?

man, i would have to remember back to grade school for that one....not really sure exactly which one would have come first. but pretty sure it was either about werewolves, psychics, or bigfoot........funny though, that even way back in the 70's our school had a paranormal section in the library...and some cool books you could buy when the book fair was held every spring.

I was only young but got a comic book with Casper the Friendly Ghost, I related straight away and I remember it made me accept that we don't live forever and that's ok.

My first UFO book was Frank Edwards' "Flying Saucers--Serious Business." I remember being perplexed as a 6th grader.

I don't recall reading ghost books, but as a sophomore in college a roommate talked me into reading the Carlos Castaneda books while on co-op over the summer. I remember wondering where I could get peyote.

1691563260990.png

I have been wracking my brains for the title. Saw someone on line with the same query. Found it.

My first UFO book was Frank Edwards' "Flying Saucers--Serious Business." I remember being perplexed as a 6th grader.

I don't recall reading ghost books, but as a sophomore in college a roommate talked me into reading the Carlos Castaneda books while on co-op over the summer. I remember wondering where I could get peyote.
me too. :)

What was the first real paranormal(ish) book you remembering? How old were you? How did you reacted to it or it affect your current beliefs?
I was introduced to the paranormal thru Leonard Nimoy narrating the 1970s TV show "In Search of". My first "paranormal book" was an old anthology of Ripley's Believe it or Not. Gimmie a break tho, I was all of 6 or 7 years old and had only just started reading on my own.

I read every Bermuda Triangle, UFO, Bigfoot, Loch Ness, Jersey Devil (obviously) and ghost story book i could get my hands on. And like Paul mentioned, most of those were from my elementary school library. Still remember the librarian's name to this day. Book mobile and fairs were great too and once in a while i got money to buy a few books at a time.

I was introduced to the paranormal thru Leonard Nimoy narrating the 1970s TV show "In Search of". My first "paranormal book" was an old anthology of Ripley's Believe it or Not. Gimmie a break tho, I was all of 6 or 7 years old and had only just started reading on my own.
I loved the old In Search Of. Wasn't a huge fan of the remake with the new movie Spock hosting. He did a good job with the movies, but you aren't Nimoy lol.