Yearly visitation returns

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
For those of you who have followed this story for years, it's begun again. For those of you new to this story, short version is the house I live in now used to be a rental house we owned. (We moved back in here after we sold the main house due to our own failing health and being unable to upkeep so much.) Before we moved back, a family lived here with their adult son, who fell on the spectrum. He was a very, very tall and large guy named Jacob.

Jacob fought for several years against depression and one day lost the battle. He shot himself on the property, and his ashes remain buried/scattered here. He left this world during the first week of October, and every fall we have a short round of visitations from him. We've always felt he was searching for his family here, and yes, we have told him his parents are no longer here, etc. We've done all the "things".

I've become somewhat convinced that what we are now seeing may be residual. Although I do feel the initial visits right after he passed showed signs of intelligent haunting, I now see what I feel may be a residual haunting. None of us fears these visits, btw, and nothing but mists roaming the hall or property now remain instead of full form.

So...my question for you all comes from this new activity. What do you think is the trigger for residual hauntings? Is it the moon, the weather, gravitational fields varying with the seasons? Thoughts?

I have often pondered the same things. I have learned a lot of different things about hauntings, such as residuals, attachments, intelligent hauntings, etc. I don't know what could trigger residual hauntings; maybe they just play out over and over on their own? I have read of the moon being a factor in the timing of haunting activity, though. Also have heard of the hour being significant, as well.

I have often pondered the same things. I have learned a lot of different things about hauntings, such as residuals, attachments, intelligent hauntings, etc. I don't know what could trigger residual hauntings; maybe they just play out over and over on their own? I have read of the moon being a factor in the timing of haunting activity, though. Also have heard of the hour being significant, as well.
This seems to be on a yearly cycle. Always the fall near when he passed.

For those of you who have followed this story for years, it's begun again. For those of you new to this story, short version is the house I live in now used to be a rental house we owned. (We moved back in here after we sold the main house due to our own failing health and being unable to upkeep so much.) Before we moved back, a family lived here with their adult son, who fell on the spectrum. He was a very, very tall and large guy named Jacob.

Jacob fought for several years against depression and one day lost the battle. He shot himself on the property, and his ashes remain buried/scattered here. He left this world during the first week of October, and every fall we have a short round of visitations from him. We've always felt he was searching for his family here, and yes, we have told him his parents are no longer here, etc. We've done all the "things".

I've become somewhat convinced that what we are now seeing may be residual. Although I do feel the initial visits right after he passed showed signs of intelligent haunting, I now see what I feel may be a residual haunting. None of us fears these visits, btw, and nothing but mists roaming the hall or property now remain instead of full form.

So...my question for you all comes from this new activity. What do you think is the trigger for residual hauntings? Is it the moon, the weather, gravitational fields varying with the seasons? Thoughts?
I really have no idea but here is a thought. What if some events are so vibrationally impactful that they send ripple effects through time. Perhaps that moment in time extends out into the future bleeding through at the same time of the incident. Maybe the further out in time it goes it fades as the energy dissipates or changes.

This seems to be on a yearly cycle. Always the fall near when he passed.
Doesn't that imply an understanding or acknowledgement of time from the "other side?" I've heard many of the "experts" on such things say time has no meaning or is no constraint to those who've passed.

The way I view these sorts of things is that there are two "memories" of every event involving a person. One is retained by the person and the other exists in the physical realm. When there is a "re-play" happening, what you see is the physical realm copy of the event playing out. What triggers it, I suppose, is an occurrence of something (in the present) that is or is similar to something in the original event which could be most anything.

Doesn't that imply an understanding or acknowledgement of time from the "other side?" I've heard many of the "experts" on such things say time has no meaning or is no constraint to those who've passed.
Which is my point. Is there an outside influence that might trigger it? Or even just our own memories and thoughts, or those of his parents? Moon tides? A physical influence of some sort? Time appears to be specific to this dimension, so I'm looking at what other things might trigger the playback of a residual.

Speaking from a technical perspective about recording and playback in other media it typically requires a lot of the same equipment to play a recording as it does to make one. Take a basic record player for example. The sound is captured and focused onto a needle so that the vibrations can be transferred to the record, which spins to create a linear recording. Playing a record simply reverses this process by having the record spun then a needle follows the groove and gets vibrated in a way that reproduces the original sounds. It's a similar process for other recording/playback systems as well be it magnetic tape in a cassette or a computer hard drive.

So I would imagine that residual hauntings are similar. Under the right set of environmental conditions some form of recording is made onto a specific medium. When similar, but possibly inverted, environmental conditions occur in or around that medium then playback occurs. It could be something tangibly understood such as temperature, barometric pressure, gravitational or magnetic forces. Then again it could be something we can't currently measure such as emotional or psychic energies. It could be all of these, some combination or none of them. And it's complicated by the fact that we don't really know what the recording medium even is or could be. There is speculation about different kinds of metals or minerals but until that part is understood then testing environmental or atmospheric conditions is fairly useless.

All this is to say that a residual haunting only happening during a certain season or weather conditions makes sense with the recording theory of residual hauntings.