What was your most favorite car you ever owned?

Ohhhhhhh, now I really wanna go for that ride! I owned a T-bird for awhile....89', black with red, 390 engine....I could make that thing fly. Loved it like a baby....then made the mistake of letting my kid drive it for a night. We still don't talk about it. :(

Such is life .....things happen ! LOL . Go and get another one and have a blast !!!

Reactions: Debi
1988_Chevrolet_Caprice.jpg
This was the family roadster & I always had the back seat:
you know, the back, back, rear facing. I never drove it but it has good nostalgia- a lotta puke in the back, back lol. When it was sold you would have thought my mom was loosing her 3rd child.

Didn't the Grimshaws drive one like this ......? One of the movies was European Vacation and I remember they did a road trip , the one where the girl drives alongside in a Ferrari , Chevy Chase starred in this .

Reactions: Seahunter
  1. Wagon Queen Family Truckster

2. The Wagon Queen Family Truckster station wagon was created specifically for the film. The Truckster is based on a 1979 Ford LTD Country Squire station wagon and heavily modified. The car was designed by George Barris, and lampooned American cars of the late 1970s.
upload_2015-8-18_22-32-25.jpeg

1. Wagon Queen Family Truckster

2. The Wagon Queen Family Truckster station wagon was created specifically for the film. The Truckster is based on a 1979 Ford LTD Country Squire station wagon and heavily modified. The car was designed by George Barris, and lampooned American cars of the late 1970s.
View attachment 1964

Thanks for the info Debi , obviously not the same car !

Reactions: Debi
Ooops.....just noticed you had the V8 5.7 gas engine , forget everything below ...lol.

I know you have a dually , do you ever use "Powerserve" when you fuel ? It's a fuel line lubricant and cetane boost . You should try it Roy , gallon costs around $21 and treats 250 gallons. Smaller size is around $12 and treats 100 gallons . It's great for preserving your injectors and lubricants the entire fuel system . I have 1 million 98 thousand miles on my diesel and never had to change injectors , everytime I fuel I add it or Howes if Powerserve is not available . Powerserve is in a grey plastic container , the white colored one is for winter use !
Thanks for the suggestion Dog! I actually do have the new 6.7 L diesel in the dually! I'll look for the Powerserve and give it a try! I only have about 10,000 miles on it so far, so it's not even broken in yet. Wow - over a million miles on your diesel! That's a pretty good testimony for the Powerserve!

Reactions: Speedbird and Debi
Didn't the Grimshaws drive one like this ......? One of the movies was European Vacation and I remember they did a road trip , the one where the girl drives alongside in a Ferrari , Chevy Chase starred in this .
Ah yes, Christie Brinkley!

Those are cool.
Isn't the motor made by Yamaha?
Third generation (1996–1999)
For 1996, the SHO was redesigned. Unlike its predecessors, this SHO was more refined and used less radical bodywork. It differed from the normal Taurus with different seats, wheels, bumpers, drivetrain, as well as a fin being put on the driver's side windshield wiper, to keep it on the windshield at high speeds.
It was also the only Ford Taurus generation with a V8 engine.
The Ford Taurus SHO (Super High Output)[1] is the high-performance variant of the Ford Taurus. It was originally produced by Ford from 1989 until 1999. It returned in 2009 for the 2010 model year.Ford SHO V8 engine A 235 hp (175 kW) aluminum 3.4 L V8 engine with heads from Yamaha and block from Cosworth was specified for the SHO model, but it was given the same four speed transmission as the LX: the manual gearbox option was no longer offered on the SHO.
The last one rolled off the assembly line on June 18, 1999

Reactions: Seahunter