What was your most favorite car you ever owned?

I run a 15.4 litre Caterpillar 550 HP with 1820 torque . Biodiesel kills my motor , runs sluggish and poor MPG's . If I add PowerServe to BioDiesel then my engine oil and coolant temps increase. I only use non Bio fuel and then use Powerserve and the engine purrs with delight .....considering I pull 78000 to 80000 lbs , performance and fuel consumption is my main priority and yes you can have both !!! an additional 1 mpg can equate into approx $500 a week in additional income for me .

Reactions: Seahunter
Bio Diesel has lubricity whereas non Bio has not . Run a tank with Bio ....look at the fuel pump and it will tell you the percent of bio added , 2% to 20% . Then run non Bio and add the required measurement of Powerserve Kleen and see if you get more power and better MPG's .

It's formulated for any diesel engine , 1 gallon treats roughly 250 gallons of fuel . There is a smaller size bottle which treats 100 gallons of fuel , if your fuel capacity is say 20 to 30 gallons then I would add half of the smaller size bottle , it's easy to measure out , side of the bottle has markings . Does no harm whatsoever to add more , therefore half of the smaller bottle would work fine. It also does not clog the fuel filters . Used as directed it will not void warranty !
http://powerservice.com/find-my-product/
Thanks for the link! This stuff sounds really good. I don't use the truck as a daily driver, but I'm going to try it on my next trip for sure.

I run a 15.4 litre Caterpillar 550 HP with 1820 torque . Biodiesel kills my motor , runs sluggish and poor MPG's . If I add PowerServe to BioDiesel then my engine oil and coolant temps increase. I only use non Bio fuel and then use Powerserve and the engine purrs with delight .....considering I pull 78000 to 80000 lbs , performance and fuel consumption is my main priority and yes you can have both !!! an additional 1 mpg can equate into approx $500 a week in additional income for me .
Wow, what a huge savings! Yeah, I've noticed I don't run well on the biodiesel either. I am only pulling about 15,000 pounds and I get about 12.8 towing. This is my first diesel, but I don't think that's too bad. I'll be interested to see if I can still up the mpg a little.

Reactions: Speedbird
Wow, what a huge savings! Yeah, I've noticed I don't run well on the biodiesel either. I am only pulling about 15,000 pounds and I get about 12.8 towing. This is my first diesel, but I don't think that's too bad. I'll be interested to see if I can still up the mpg a little.
I can drop to 2.3 mpg on steep hills .Trust me , those of us who own our rigs eek out every mpg we can to maximise profits , we don't use products that don't work . My throttle pedal travels approx 6 inches yet I only push it down approx 1 inch , use the torque to get you moving and running at 70mph I am still only using 1 inch of throttle travel . The engine is electronically set at the Factory to run 127mph max and yes I have had it up there !
There are days when you will not get good mpg's , weather plays a huge part and also the air temp , cold days the air is more condensed therefore performance increases , keep an eye on your engine air filter and change it frequently , possibly upgrade to a K&N . I have twin Turbo's and can feel the change in engine performance when the air filters are needing replaced . I go to a lot of farms and load with eggs , dusty enviroment so I replace air filters constantly !!

If I stay in this Industry for another 5 yrs then I am thinking of "inframing " the engine , possibly taking it to 800 hp , I will still use Powerserve as "EPA" regulations are killing the fuel quality , remember this.....the more it costs me to bring whatever to the stores , the more it costs you to purchase whatever !

Reactions: Seahunter and Debi
Yes, I didn't realize just how much that torque plays into towing until I got this truck. I towed a travel trailer before with my Expedition with just the gas engine. It really wasn't up to the task even for a lighter trailer. This truck has 400 HP and 800 pounds of torque. I can run 65-70 mph at only about 1500-1600 rpms, and can pass going uphill with the fifth wheel. I don't drive it that hard, but it's nice to know it can do it if I need to. I normally only run about 60-65 mph as I'm in no hurry to get wherever I'm going. It sure is nice to have the right equipment to do the towing job!

Last edited:
Reactions: Speedbird
I know I'll probably regret asking but my curious cat side is meowing.... what is "inframing"? Keep it simple for the girl, Dog.
Engine stays within the frame (chassis) it means the engine is not removed , it is taken apart from above and below :) price varies from $10000 to $20000 depending on what needs to be done , after this the engine can run for another Million miles .....only if you take care of it !!

Reactions: Seahunter and Debi
Engine stays within the frame (chassis) it means the engine is not removed , it is taken apart from above and below :) price varies from $10000 to $20000 depending on what needs to be done , after this the engine can run for another Million miles .....only if you take care of it !!
Well done for girl type explanation! However, the price on that makes my head spin!!!! :eek: