What is your....

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
27023440_2327216480637766_2263915048853281799_o (Small).png

Reactions: Paintman
Real Italian. Greek diners. Dive bars with a good specialty. Usually some kind of ethnic meat product like lamb, corned beef, hog roast, brisket or gyros. Authentic Mexican with a chimichanga the size of a football. The Tasty Freeze. A local place that makes.really great Smashburgers. The roast beef sandwich place. Hot dog stand.
The restaurant you go to after a wake for perch, boned and buttered, and lots of scotch.
Why ? I like to eat. I do it every day. :)

Reactions: 7Critter
My favorite restaurant was back when I was a kid. It was a small Italian place just off the highway called Country Pizzeria. It was owned by this old Italian guy and his wife and just about all their food was home made. The pasta in some cases was made as it was ordered and the food was incredible. Proper Italian food and cooking style. Weekends this guy would be packed and weekdays loads of people would be there collecting takeaways. With regulars like us, as you arrive he would come sit at the table with us and chat a bit but he never over-stayed his welcome which was nice. The service was 5-star, and I think it's the only restaurant I have never had an issue with in terms of service (and I'm quite a strict customer).

But unfortunately this restaurant is no more. The owner passed away in around 2005 and his wife ran the place solo for a few months. Me and my mom went there the day after he died and we were the only ones there and honestly you could feel the place wasn't the same. It's like a part of the restaurant died with him. Anyway his wife sold the place, and it just wasn't the same again. They ran that restaurant for I think close to 20 years, now the place is lucky to have an owner last 3 years because each owner just screwed up completely. The new owner after the place got sold was this Afrikaans lady who really had no clue what she was doing. Her idea of Italian decoration was cover the walls with baskets. There were easily between 80 to 120 baskets hanging in that place. We asked if we could sit outside and her response was "No, the bikers is there". And the thing is there were tables open there. But the worst was when we got our food, every 2 to 5 minutes she would come to our table and ask "Is every-fing okay"..."Is every-fing okay"..."Is every-fing okay" (she couldn't talk properly at the risk of her dentures falling out). The service was also not as good and the staff had become slack because these owners weren't as strict as the Italian owner was. After that we didn't go for a couple of years, and the one night we were on the way home and decided to order a takeaway from there. We were 30 minutes away from them, they said it would take 15 minutes. When we got there, the place was empty and the chefs were just sitting and chatting. When my mom said we were here to collect our order the new owner said "Oh they'll get started now". We just told them to forget it and we walked out.

Haven't been since and from what I hear, it's become a really dodgy place to go. I'd do anything to have that restaurant back the way it was when the Italian guy owned it. Never had a favorite restaurant since then because no restaurant I've been to has ever come close to what that one did.

Real Italian. Greek diners. Dive bars with a good specialty. Usually some kind of ethnic meat product like lamb, corned beef, hog roast, brisket or gyros. Authentic Mexican with a chimichanga the size of a football. The Tasty Freeze. A local place that makes.really great Smashburgers. The roast beef sandwich place. Hot dog stand.
The restaurant you go to after a wake for perch, boned and buttered, and lots of scotch.
Why ? I like to eat. I do it every day. :)
:p Paint, I like your thinking here. No need to restrict yourself to ONE restaurant! LOL!

This is so difficult. For Mexican, I have a little hole in the wall called Mexican Villa. Pretty much anything is a sure bet. Italian - a place called Speedy Linguine's. Their dish called Spicy Chicken Alfredo is incredible. It is a creamy sauce with chicken, has a good kick to it, and served over tri-linguine (spinach, tomato, egg). For Thai, my favorite is called Thai Orchid. They have the best green curry chicken in town here. For Chinese, I go to House of Beijing. They don't use MSG, everything is freshly made, and everything is good. For good old country comfort food, I go to Omy's. The kind of place that serves only breakfast and lunch, breakfast all day. They close up and do not offer dinner. My Indian restaurant is called Namaste. Very good, authentic Indian dishes. German food, I go to the Rhinelander. Again, very good food that is authentic. Sandwiches, any good independent "real" deli - not Subway! That covers the main ones for me, now I'm hungry!

Last edited:
Texas Roadhouse, it’s a local steak place. Has very good steaks at a reasonable price. Consistent quality. However we most often end up at our local Hamlin Pub for burgers or pizza.

Every year on our way to Minnesota, I always make sure to drop by the machine shed twice.
One of my favorite meals is their meatloaf.

thumb_600.jpg

Reactions: Paintman and Lynne