The Curse of Oak Island

Made an alliance with the island's other land owner, got all his notes, dug in his best spot and nothing.

The rest of the show was filler.

Reactions: Debi
I'm beginning to loose hope on them finding anything. Ever! lol

Good episode. The guys toyed around with finding underwater markers in the ocean and had yet another theorist come in to eat up time but the guys found a diver who proved willing and able to explore 10x! The show ended just as the dive started and I already can't wait to see next week. I didn't have the follow up show set to record, so I can't comment on that....

Good episode. The guys toyed around with finding underwater markers in the ocean and had yet another theorist come in to eat up time but the guys found a diver who proved willing and able to explore 10x! The show ended just as the dive started and I already can't wait to see next week. I didn't have the follow up show set to record, so I can't comment on that....
Will be watching that one this weekend. So, next week is the big dive....finally????? Geez...how long have we been waiting for that one?!!!

Has anyone re-watched the old episodes with extra footage and facts?

I have not, Brody. I am waiting for something new to actually pop up and catch my interest again. Like the big dive coming up. That one I'll watch!

They confirmed on the Digging Deeper special that they had a diver explore the bottom of 10x! That's exciting!

They confirmed on the Digging Deeper special that they had a diver explore the bottom of 10x! That's exciting!
OK! Then I'm ready to watch that one! (I love it that you preview these for me. :p)

Reactions: 7Critter
The big 10x dive is complicated by communications issues almost right away. The safety diver aborts his the dive leaving the other diver alone in the shaft. Suspenseful minutes pass as the fate of the other diver is unknown. He eventually emerges and reports on the terrible visibility the murky water. A meeting is called and a new dive is planned for the next day.

The next day the divers decide that the materials they have with are not adequate for safety and the divers leave...for now...

A brief aside sees Rick digging with a metal detector.

The divers return (4 days have passed). The next dive goes off and we learn the diver made it a ways into the 27 inch hole before he connected with the long lost drill bar that is blocking the hole. There was no wiggle room and the divers have no idea if scuba diving will ever be a viable method of exploring 10x.

Back in the war room, one of the members produces the sword that has been creating a buzz online in recent weeks. They reveal the sword is Roman and was found in the 40's in the waters nearby. They joke about all the theories of who landed on the island long ago and agree to leave an open mind to the matter.

Next week they research the sword in a lab and find a diver who guarantees he'll get to the bottom of 10x. Plus more drilling.