The Curse of Oak Island

Brody

Reaction score
I have been obsessively watching this show now for 3 (?) seasons. I'm not sure any show has ever made me desperately wanting to see the next episode like this show does.

Yes, I admit the pacing can be slow at times and they like to repeat stories and bits constantly but by golly at the end of each show I seem to find myself inching toward the TV trying to figure out the newest twist the Brothers have discovered on the mystery.

Any other fans?

Reactions: Grinchesbro
The Curse of Oak Island
Television Series
7.1/10·IMDb

Oak Island is a tree-covered island on the south shore of Nova Scotia that has intrigued treasure hunters for more than 200 years. It is believed that the island is hiding one of the greatest treasures of all time, but no one to date has been able to find it. Enter Rick and Marty Lagina, brothers from Michigan who have bought the rights to much of the island to try to solve the mystery. The two use modern technology and good old American know-how to look for the treasure. But it won't be easy as the search is expensive and dangerous -- several people have died trying to strike it rich on Oak Island, inspiring the titular curse . The Laginas hope to avoid the curse long enough to find the treasure before they run out of money ... or worse.

First episode date: January 5, 2014
Network: History
Genres: Reality television
Language: English
Executive producers: Kevin Burns

IMDB link: The Curse of Oak Island (TV Series 2014– ) - IMDb

Hutton Pulitzer just posted on FB that the Bros are still playing in 10x this morning, wrapping up before winter. In other words, we won't be getting a major find out of this season it appears. :(

Shoot...I was hoping we would. None the less....will be watching anyway. The history and the clues alone are worth the watch. Modern day treasure hunt wrapped in a mystery....love it! :D

I guess History is paying them 100K an episode. Supposedly they also have other unnamed $$$ backers that are funding this exhibition.

Reactions: Debi
I figured someone had to have some money involved there. I've been watching from the beginning so I'm fully involved in the whole thing...lol.

OK, Brody....do you think there is something there? Do you believe the legend is true? Cuz I have mixed feelings on it.

OK, Brody....do you think there is something there? Do you believe the legend is true? Cuz I have mixed feelings on it.
I'd sure love to think so!