Communion : Whitley Strieber
Behold a Pale Horse : William Cooper
On the trail of the Assassins : Jim Garrison
Crossfire : Jim Marrs

Crypto Books
Bigfoot - The true story of apes in america : Loren Coleman
Sasquatch - Legend meets Science : Jeff Meldrum
The Field Guide to Bigfoot and Other Mystery Primates : Loren Coleman
Thanks Raul, I'll have to look up a few of these.

Wow Paintman, that's quite a list there!
Thanks Roy ! I was really thinking of hitting you guy's up to do a book column, but figured I'd sit down and let the better read take off, bound to happen.. ITs, the paranormal, not my current interest. IT came, I saw, and my religion says stay out........ I'm fine with that, but I look at, and live vicariously from all of you. So I really look up AB's stuff and yours, love the stories, believe it more than most, and stay away from the other worldly. And a BIG thanks for that. Cake = Eat ?. I'll read about the cake, put it the cranial Bozoputer, and stay on the sidelines.

...lots of baseball.)

Is your interest more statistical/historical, or prose fiction like "The Natural" or "The Greatest Slump of All Time"?

I love the history of the game, all the old leagues and that sort of thing. I used to visit the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum when I lived near Kansas City... met Buck O'Neil there a couple of times. He was a great ambassador for the game, and a walking historian for the Negro Leagues. The Royals have a memorial seat in his homor.

Reactions: Hopeless
met Buck O'Neil there a couple of times
How cool. That's awesome!
I finished a super book you may be interested in. "The End of Baseball A Novel" by Peter Schilling, Jr. It's fiction, but just imagine that Bill Veeck returns from Guadalcanal, missing his leg, and sets out to buy the Philadelphia Athletics, demotes the white ballplayers to the minors, and hires all of the best players in the Negro league. And imagine if all of Bill's crazy schemes came true in one season.
I met Bill Veeck twice, when I was a kid. He made the game fun. He'd sit in the outfield stands at Comiskey Park, shirtless with his leg on the seat next to him, and he had a secret compartment in the prostheses that held a flask. And held court. So glad to be a part of the end of that era, before the ballmall 80's.

Another good read is "The Summer Of Beer and Whiskey" by Edward Achorn. is about the 1883 pennant race and "how brewers, barkeeps, rowdies, immigrants made baseball Americas game. Also the founding of the Cardinals.

And the Sox beat the Angels tonight. Still have slim hope for a wildcard spot. Royals look impressive. Have you noticed that 1/2 of league standings are upside down? Strange season. Prognosticators missed it by a mile.

How cool. That's awesome!
I finished a super book you may be interested in. "The End of Baseball A Novel" by Peter Schilling, Jr. It's fiction, but just imagine that Bill Veeck returns from Guadalcanal, missing his leg, and sets out to buy the Philadelphia Athletics, demotes the white ballplayers to the minors, and hires all of the best players in the Negro league. And imagine if all of Bill's crazy schemes came true in one season.
I met Bill Veeck twice, when I was a kid. He made the game fun. He'd sit in the outfield stands at Comiskey Park, shirtless with his leg on the seat next to him, and he had a secret compartment in the prostheses that held a flask. And held court. So glad to be a part of the end of that era, before the ballmall 80's.

Another good read is "The Summer Of Beer and Whiskey" by Edward Achorn. is about the 1883 pennant race and "how brewers, barkeeps, rowdies, immigrants made baseball Americas game. Also the founding of the Cardinals.

And the Sox beat the Angels tonight. Still have slim hope for a wildcard spot. Royals look impressive. Have you noticed that 1/2 of league standings are upside down? Strange season. Prognosticators missed it by a mile.

Those books sound interesting, especially the Peter Schilling Jr. one. I'll have to add those to my "to read" mountain!

Yea, the Royals do look very good. They haven't been so much fun to watch since Leibrandt and Saberhagen were on the mound and Brett was swinging a bat. It's awfully nice to watch them without expecting a screw up!

The Last Sultan Ahmet Ertegun and Atlantic Records ebook which makes for fascinating reading and provides me with near endless fodder for making playlists courtesy of GPM Unlimited.
Same deal with Here Comes the Night Bert Berns, Atlantic Records, and the Mob.
Audiobooks in current rotation include Life by Keith Richard and Elmer Gantry while I back burner Sound Man by Glynn Johns.