Share your favorite books here!

Book review of Bentley Little's "The Consultant". Looks like I need to pick up a copy. :)

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2015/08/book-review-the-consultant-by-bentley-little/

Little is a maverick and a nonconformist, and in his latest novel, The Consultant, he explores the timely theme of Big Brother in the workplace. The story revolves around family man Craig Horne, a senior employee at a software company called CompWare. When the company begins to have difficulties after a promised merger falls through, they decide to hire a consulting firm—called BFG—to review and streamline their business practices.

Enter Mr Patoff, BFG’s representative. Tall, thin, and wearing a red bow tie, at first the consultant comes across as annoying, invasive, and rather peculiar. It soon comes to light that he’s downright sinister and creepy, and that, rather than helping CompWare and its employees, he’s carrying out a mysterious agenda of his own—one of total domination and possible non-human significance. Under his authority, cameras are installed all over the building, employees are subjected to painful and horrific drug tests, and bizarre and random changes are made to office protocol.

More at site

Reactions: Hopeless
This crowd would thoroughly enjoy "The Only Planet Of Choice: Essential Briefings From Deep Space" by Phyllis Schlemmer.

Changed my life. It's where Gene Roddenberry got his story line for Star Trek. Few people know this. The tape recorder incident when "Tom," of "The Nine" shuts down the recorder because permission wasn't given to record "him" is memorable, to say the least. Great read. One of my highest recommended (and not widely known of) books.

This crowd would thoroughly enjoy "The Only Planet Of Choice: Essential Briefings From Deep Space" by Phyllis Schlemmer.

Changed my life. It's where Gene Roddenberry got his story line for Star Trek. Few people know this. The tape recorder incident when "Tom," of "The Nine" shuts down the recorder because permission wasn't given to record "him" is memorable, to say the least. Great read. One of my highest recommended (and not widely known of) books.

Thanks! I will definately give that one a look!

.Oh Boooyyyyyyy, I always wanted to do this, well for selfish reasons, other people have turned me onto a bunch of cool books. Maybe I can return the favor.

Past books on the paranormal:
Sylvian Muldoon's book on Astral Projection. Circa 1920's .
Eric Metaxes "Miracles" it's C.S. Lewis' 'On Miracles' , but for a current age. (I don't relate to Lewis' use of obscure wartime references of British pop culture, and my lack of detailed British literature, other than the great ones.)
"The Edgar Cayce Collection, Four Volumes in One" by edited Hugh Lynn Cayce.
"Entity Possession" by Dr. Samuel Sagen M.D.
Ingo Swann's "The Great Apparitions of Mary."

Current Night table: (I read WW1 history, a bunch of Catholic, and other theologians. and lots of baseball.)
"Acedia, The Unnamed Evil of Our Times"' by Jean - Charles Nault, O.S.B.
"Amazing Grace." by Eric Mataxes.
"Practical Theology", by Peter Kreeft. It's St. Thomas Aquinas for lay people, or me, "For Dummies."
"The Trivium", by Sister Miriam Joseph. It's about logic, grammar, and rhetoric. Thanks public schools !
James Bowen " A Street Cat Named Bob."

Still plowing through Churchill's' 6 volume set.
A bunch of current WW1 histories. No better time for this project with it being the 100 anniversary .

Last edited:
So glad you guys like this thread idea! Keep sharing, everyone. I'm an avid reader myself...well, I WAS until recently! lol I figured out how to put sleep back in my life, now I have to shove reading time back in there! ;)

here is a short list of a few of my favorite books

UFO and Conspiracy Books
Above Top Secret : Timothy Good
Area 51 an uncensored history : Annie Jacobsen
Communion : Whitley Strieber
Behold a Pale Horse : William Cooper
On the trail of the Assassins : Jim Garrison
Crossfire : Jim Marrs

Crypto Books
Bigfoot - The true story of apes in america : Loren Coleman
Sasquatch - Legend meets Science : Jeff Meldrum
The Field Guide to Bigfoot and Other Mystery Primates : Loren Coleman

.Oh Boooyyyyyyy, I always wanted to do this, well for selfish reasons, other people have turned me onto a bunch of cool books. Maybe I can return the favor.

Past books on the paranormal:
Sylvian Muldoon's book on Astral Projection. Circa 1920's .
Eric Metaxes "Miracles" it's C.S. Lewis' 'On Miracles' , but for a current age. (I don't relate to Lewis' use of obscure wartime references of British pop culture, and my lack of detailed British literature, other than the great ones.)
"The Edgar Cayce Collection, Four Volumes in One" by edited Hugh Lynn Cayce.
"Entity Possession" by Dr. Samuel Sagen M.D.
Ingo Swann's "The Great Apparitions of Mary."

Current Night table: (I read WW1 history, a bunch of Catholic, and other theologians. and lots of baseball.)
"Acedia, The Unnamed Evil of Our Times"' by Jean - Charles Nault, O.S.B.
"Amazing Grace." by Eric Mataxes.
"Practical Theology", by Peter Kreeft. It's St. Thomas Aquinas for lay people, or me, "For Dummies."
"The Trivium", by Sister Miriam Joseph. It's about logic, grammar, and rhetoric. Thanks public schools !
James Bowen " A Street Cat Named Bob."

Still plowing through Churchill's' 6 volume set.
A bunch of current WW1 histories. No better time for this project with it being the 100 anniversary .
Wow Paintman, that's quite a list there!