Saratoga Texas Ghost Lights....

Tworivers71

Bigfoot Researcher
Reaction score
Near the Big thicket is SE Texas, is the little town of Saratoga. I have had several....Bigfoot experiences on outings there in the Thicket. Will post those in the future. At the northwestern corner of Saratoga lies Bragg road. Bragg road. Bragg road was a straight shot about 12 miles, It was a railroad. The railroad was pulled up in the 1930's sometime.

The road is haunted by ghost lights that dance around, some call it swamp gas. The last time I/We were in the Thicket researching, we decided to spend Friday evening on Bragg road. This would have been 2005, 06 sometime. I had, as usual, put a couple of recorders along the road, in case of any Sasquatch Vocal, knocks, etc. Scott and I drove several miles up Bragg around 10 pm. The only other people who we saw was the other members of our group. Now, as I stated, Bragg road is straight as an arrow. If anyone else camp behind us, it is 1000% impossible for us to have not...seen them. One way in, one way out. Scott and I had moved our location twice, I think.

On of the legends of that road is of a ghostly Railroad conductor who swings his ghostly lantern to signal the engineer, I guess. At around 11 pm, we were parked along Bragg in a clearing just off west side of the road. I was bored, sitting on my tailgate watching the stars for shooting stars (Texas skies are super clear at night) when Scott, who was standing in the road looking South down Bragg excitedly said, Come here!! Come see this!! I was un-amused......... He again said Dude, come see this!! I said what?? He said, I think I see the Ghost conductor lights!! I had never heard of the Legend until about an hour before, and had decided we were wasting our time, hunting lights, instead of our target, Bigfoot. So, to shut him up, and humor him, I got off the tailgate and walked over to where he was standing in the road. I looked down the road and said, I see nothing.......... but black.....He said, Dude, I swear, it was just...there! Uh-huh....ok. Whatever. I stayed there about a minute or so and quickly lost Interest and turned to walk back to my tailgate.

As I started back across the road, Scott yelled LOOK !!! There it is!! I turned abruptly and turned south. At first I didn't see anything. Then, off to the left side of the road, about 150 yards down the road, there was without a doubt to my eyes, a slightly faint greenish light, swinging up and down, up and down, up and down. Unless they were deceiving me, I saw this with my own... eyes! I am still shocked to this day. I think we also saw some random lights in the woods but cannot remember.

Bragg Road.jpg

I've seen ghost lights before and believe you. Not long ago I had some type of orb actually zip through my bedroom. First time I've had that happen close up and personal. Long ago we called them fairy lights.

I've seen ghost lights before and believe you. Not long ago I had some type of orb actually zip through my bedroom. First time I've had that happen close up and personal. Long ago we called them fairy lights.
Thank you. I bet that was surprising...

Thank you. I bet that was surprising...
I was rather shocked, and it takes a lot to get me to shocked. This was a stunningly bright orb that literally buzzed right in the door, past me on the bed, and right out a closed window. I have no idea what it was, but it was real and there was no explanation for it.

I was rather shocked, and it takes a lot to get me to shocked. This was a stunningly bright orb that literally buzzed right in the door, past me on the bed, and right out a closed window. I have no idea what it was, but it was real and there was no explanation for it.
Had to be a ghost / spirit huh?

Yup...I have a resident ghost. At least one. The story is included here about Jacob, and the orb as well. The other house I owned had at least 2 spirits, which was verified after I sold the house to the new folks that knew nothing about them but came asking after a year of living with them. Thought I had gotten them to go before I sold it, but obviously not.

This is such an amazing sighting. The fact that this is a reoccurring event is a real mystery. I wonder what the cause of these types of lights really are. By the way TR, did you have a Big Foot experiences at that time too?

This is such an amazing sighting. The fact that this is a reoccurring event is a real mystery. I wonder what the cause of these types of lights really are. By the way TR, did you have a Big Foot experiences at that time too?
Not at that location on Bragg Rd. But Whoa Nellie!.....We had a ton of happen that weekend in the Lance Rosier, Big Thicket. It was a Major outing / event back in 2005. There was about 14 people. So much happened, I'm going post that stuf in stages.

Reactions: Lynne and ozentity