Can't explain this one

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Besides dreams, it's been pretty quiet on the paranormal stuff at my house for awhile...until last night.

At 2 AM, the internet went down. So, turned off the computer that was streaming and the house was now silent. Sitting there waiting for it to come back online by keeping an eye on my phone to show it was back, I was just sitting there in the dark. Out of nowhere I hear a male voice say "MOM!" Or at least I think that's what the word was. It was loud enough I answered thinking it was my son at the bedroom door. Using my phone light to shine towards the door...nope. Down the Hobbit Hallway I went to find my son in his room sound asleep. This requires going through the living room, down a hall and opening his closed door so there is no chance it was him. This voice was in my room or in the doorway of my room.

Back to bed I go trying to determine if the word was for sure "Mom". And also now worrying I may have picked it up from one of my kids out of state or even Gabe. (I checked all this morning and everyone is fine.)

I would have shrugged that off, but 10 minutes later a VERY bright, small orb-like light appeared from the doorway and flew past me towards the window to my right. It went through the closed glass and continued out towards a tree but flashed out before it got to the tree. Too bright to be a firefly and my window is CLOSED. Double pane closed. No chance for reflection from anything. No other windows, everything else was off.

I have no idea what this was, who was visiting, and it was the first time I've seen a light like that. Went right past the holy water on the shelf and a Rosary, so I didn't get a bad feeling from it, but one of my weirder encounters for which I have no reasonable explanation. I've had a few auditory experiences in the past but never the light to go with it.

That was a fascinating account, Debi! If it wasn't your own kin,saying Mom, I wonder who the heck it was? And then there was that orb!:astonished:
The house we live in has also been a rental in the past. We used it as such when we had two homes. Moved back here when we got Gabe as I needed 3 bedrooms and sold the two bedroom one. It's possible it was my usual visitor Jacob, a young man that committed suicide on the property. Normally we don't see him except in the fall, but it's possible it was him. Just not how he usually shows himself. I've never had an audible from him nor has he ever shown himself as a ball of light. And I'm telling you that ball was small but BRIGHT.

Very puzzling, because you have described this kid that died so sadly, and how he usually manifests. So why would he say Mom? He would know by now that you are not his mother. Strange and intriguing!

Very puzzling, because you have described this kid that died so sadly, and how he usually manifests. So why would he say Mom? He would know by now that you are not his mother. Strange and intriguing!
That's the thing with the paranormal....sometimes it leaves you with no answers.

You definitely had a visitor.

Congrats on seeing an orb without NV, I have only ever seen one unassisted, myself.

Got any EMF gear?

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
It may have just said 'mom' in a general seeking way and not necessarily aimed towards Debi.

It stands to reason that if a young man passed on the property, he may have lived with family (Debi: do you know this information?) and may be seeking his mother, potentially not even knowing that he has actually passed. Or it may be a past event under the stone tape theory, although probably unlikely due to the path of the light anomaly Debi noted.

Only a postulate - and know that I do not expect to have you answer - but have you ever had a miscarriage? Take it as a statement rather than a question.

I wonder if a soul that has been incarnate for a very short period of time might be inclined to present in a more “spirited” manner than one which had years in body. The “Mom” could have been telepathic.

It may have just said 'mom' in a general seeking way and not necessarily aimed towards Debi.

It stands to reason that if a young man passed on the property, he may have lived with family (Debi: do you know this information?) and may be seeking his mother, potentially not even knowing that he has actually passed. Or it may be a past event under the stone tape theory, although probably unlikely due to the path of the light anomaly Debi noted.
I knew the family very well, and the young man was high function autistic much like my own son. I have tried many times to send Jacob "on", and I actually think he is for the most part but may occasionally come back to this house to "visit". His cremated remains are actually on this property. The family eventually moved from the property as there was sooo much activity for a bit.

I have to say this just didn't have the same "feel" last night. It didn't feel like him. This from the very non scientific approach of experiencing only.

Only a postulate - and know that I do not expect to have you answer - but have you ever had a miscarriage? Take it as a statement rather than a question.

I wonder if a soul that has been incarnate for a very short period of time might be inclined to present in a more “spirited” manner than one which had years in body. The “Mom” could have been telepathic.
And that did cross my mind.