Physicists starting to suspect physical reality is an illusion

This stuff is way over my head but I am blonde and its all probably just an illusion anyway.

Reactions: Lynne and Mokey
This stuff is way over my head but I am blonde and its all probably just an illusion anyway.

But!! You told us your beard was more ginger now.

So? Which color is the illusion and which color is the reality?

Nevermind, because that would mean every color blind person would permanently be stuck in illusion. No fairsies.

Reactions: ozentity
But!! You told us your beard was more ginger now.

So? Which color is the illusion and which color is the reality?

Nevermind, because that would mean every color blind person would permanently be stuck in illusion. No fairsies.
My hair is blonde and the beard is ginger/blonde,thats if it was real.

Reactions: Mokey and Debi
My hair is blonde and the beard is ginger/blonde,thats if it was real.
This is a serious issue I'm going to have to call in the reality police to help you fix this.

Now you're claiming in your illusion, you have TWO different colors in your beard. But maintain your claim of one solid hair color, as you perceive it?

I'm not even sure I'm actually taking to anybody. You've never been real!

Call the reality crisis response team in for me now!

This is a serious issue I'm going to have to call in the reality police to help you fix this.

Now you're claiming in your illusion, you have TWO different colors in your beard. But maintain your claim of one solid hair color, as you perceive it?

I'm not even sure I'm actually taking to anybody. You've never been real!

Call the reality crisis response team in for me now!
Wake up to reality:mad:

Wake up to reality:mad:

You are quick!!

I was to the crisis meltdown.
if you hadn't got here to knock me back into reality...

I can't even make myself think of the horrible possibilities.

But wait.. If you are the reality crisis responder.. Then..

My brain exploded. I done did it.

:screamcat:

I

Then, BOOM, I am stuck in my closet looking for a shoe, in that 45 seconds I will get a crystal clear, seemingly so obvious, answer.

:flutterby

Ahh, the flash of enlightenment, but ever so brief....when the mind is distracted, a state known as " mushin no shin" in zen, that's where the koans of the past masters were designed to take students to in thought. To free the mind through confusion and exhaustion, to the state of no mind......and enlightenment.

Reactions: Lynne and Mokey
Ahh, the flash of enlightenment, but ever so brief....when the mind is distracted, a state known as " mushin no shin" in zen, that's where the koans of the past masters were designed to take students to in thought. To free the mind through confusion and exhaustion, to the state of no mind......and enlightenment.

Simple reply. They rock :D

Reactions: Paulm
It's interesting insofar as what we're seeing now are the teenagers that saw the Matrix [1999] have grown up, become scientists, and are applying questions they asked their friends in those late night sessions to their fields of study; the interesting part isn't that they do so - we've known since the original Star Trek that science fiction inspires future scientists; no, what's interesting is that we're entering into generations of researchers with a hard science education rather than a classical liberal one. Lacking the exposure to philosophy that past generations have, they're reaching out for answers to existential questions in their own fields rather than traditional avenues.

If you have 6 minutes, might I recommend this video:

thanks for this! Excellent video. Still hard to fully bend my brain around it, but it resonates!