Physicists starting to suspect physical reality is an illusion

I think stating reality as an 'illusion' is a misnomer. Reality is a 'concept'. Non-tangible. So 'reality' can not be an illusion... if you see. 'Physical Reality' then would also be a misnomer. Physical is a State of Being, as in involving mass. Reality is a concept, as in idea.

So... a physical being can perceive its 'surroundings' in this way or that, and I agree that perception is a very individual thing... so every individual being may perceive differently. This 'perception' is equated with the physical form. So, perception belongs to being. Every human, for instance, might personally perceive color's, form's, sounds, smells, etc... quite differently. But this would not affect the physical or mass in general. My blue might be different than your blue -- but there would be no way to determine that. Blue is just Blue.

On the other hand... because reality is a concept, it could definitely be affected by and is affected by, acceptance of an individual concept joined by other's who share that particular concept. At some point, there will become a large enough consensus that the concept is accepted as The Reality. This is what we believe to be our reality and therefore it is. This would dictate accepted moral code, behavioral expectations, religious or Spiritual views, etc... for the whole of the group. Thus, these codes of acceptance allow a concept to build into a reality. As those code's change, so does the reality.

To some physicists, this indicates that all the matter, with its solidity and concreteness, is an illusion that only the mathematical apparatus they devise in their theories is truly real, not the perceived world the apparatus was created to describe in the first place, says Kastrup.

I have dealt with this argument before and think it's hogwash. I say that all matter IS and Mathematician's and Physicist's attempt to capture IS with a mathematical formula. If they can't -- they want to change the IS so they can. IS came before language and that is what mathematics is... Language. Theoretical Physicist come up with a concept, hand it off to mathematicians, and they attempt to write the concept into a code/language using mathematics. Whether they can or not, does not dispute the fact of IS... speaking of a reality that is 'illusion'. Just saying.

We live in illusion and the appearance of things. There is a reality. We are that reality. When you understand this, you see that you are nothing, you are everything.
That is all.

Paulm

We live in illusion and the appearance of things. There is a reality. We are that reality. When you understand this, you see that you are nothing, you are everything.
That is all.

Paulm
"and by being nothing, you are everything".....breaking reality down to its roots...for most ppl "reality" is their job, their hobbies, their own little bubble, but that is just the illusion of reality, you must cut through the possesions and distractions of what you perceive as reality to find the truth......let go of the "I", the ego, and see the world as it should be........

"and by being nothing, you are everything".....breaking reality down to its roots...for most ppl "reality" is their job, their hobbies, their own little bubble, but that is just the illusion of reality, you must cut through the possesions and distractions of what you perceive as reality to find the truth......let go of the "I", the ego, and see the world as it should be........

I knew you would hear that call. :)

An ego death marks the birth of life.

Sometimes it is necessary to slay the ego multiple times.
No matter. Remain vigilant and prepared.

Fighting this beast requires no fear of once again embracing a humbled spirit, and throwing aside pride.

For the good of all. No Me. It's We.

An ego death marks the birth of life.
/QUOTE].
Very true

Sometimes it is necessary to slay the ego multiple times.
No matter. Remain vigilant and prepared.
/QUOTE].
The road to enlightenment is long and weary, and the ego is layered with many levels....one step, one layer, at a time.....and if you meet the Buddha on the road, kill him.

Fighting this beast requires no fear of once again embracing a humbled spirit, and throwing aside pride.

For the good of all. No Me. It's We.

Embracing a humble spirit, overcoming pride and boastfulness, etc... Is the goal, not to be feared.

Yes, we are all connected, everyone you've met or known has left a piece of themselves with you, they have formed who you are today, and you, them....even ppl you haven't met have been influenced by you through those you have....so to quote 3 dog night....lol...." how does YOUR light shine on the road to shambala."....

Last edited:
Reactions: Donna K.
"Yes, we are all connected, everyone you've met or known has left a piece of themselves with you, they have formed who you are today, and you, them....even ppl you haven't met have been influenced by you through those you have....so to quote 3 dog night....lol...." how does your light shine on the road to shambala."....

Paulm

3 dog night in the know man lol

This song always makes me cry. I honestly don't cry much, so that tells me it was, and still always is, a divine gift of words and music.

Thank you Robin for the link to the 6 minute video, you are right, it identified an audience and it utilized a contemporary gamers’ perspective . It communicated an idea, a philosophical idea, even a mystic idea about phenomenon implying that it was possible scientifically . The communication device was a concrete analogy or concrete metaphor: of a hard drive (which they, the proposed audience can touch.) & programming code (which some can write & is an assumed thing an object noun even if they write it or not. The metaphor expands to include files side by side in the Big Hard Drive which might be likened to universes set side by side accessed through this universes fifth dimension (pictures they included pictures of slightly separated stacked hard drives extending into the limit of the picture . (It’d be a great occult Sunday School tool as a curriculum or astral travel prep in a course to maximize perception that another dimension could exist.)

Do suggestions without protections make it safe? Might it be safer to add a segment demonstrating psychic protection or arch angels prayer rituals to viewers first?
BECAUSE this 6 minute may be a good (effective) “bridge “ (tool to learning new things) to use extending the cultural narrative (what people think to be real in their cultures story of reality) during Disclosure, so people in one cultural narrative experience do not have their minds blown upon meeting the new formerly occult formerly paranormal (via inconceivably incomprehensible- input expounded upon during the disclosure experience)

I suggest the Netflix producers “get it out there “ and utilize this 6 minute segment or ones much like it, Linked with, the experiencers paranormal site documentation ... in other words , present evidence (when it occurs) as well as segues demonstrating it /& things formerly referred to as paranormal/ Could be possible — How it could be possible.

See it’s (the video) a Conceptual chunk complete with an X Y chart with arrows , like a power point slide which is animated. An on topic narrative communicating device effectively targeted to a contemporary audiences experience based vocabulary which utilized egocentric, authentic concrete metaphor relevant to (that audiences) life.

Last edited:
I think stating reality as an 'illusion' is a misnomer. Reality is a 'concept'. Non-tangible. So 'reality' can not be an illusion... if you see. 'Physical Reality' then would also be a misnomer. Physical is a State of Being, as in involving mass. Reality is a concept, as in idea.

So... a physical being can perceive its 'surroundings' in this way or that, and I agree that perception is a very individual thing... so every individual being may perceive differently. This 'perception' is equated with the physical form. So, perception belongs to being. Every human, for instance, might personally perceive color's, form's, sounds, smells, etc... quite differently. But this would not affect the physical or mass in general. My blue might be different than your blue -- but there would be no way to determine that. Blue is just Blue.

On the other hand... because reality is a concept, it could definitely be affected by and is affected by, acceptance of an individual concept joined by other's who share that particular concept. At some point, there will become a large enough consensus that the concept is accepted as The Reality. This is what we believe to be our reality and therefore it is. This would dictate accepted moral code, behavioral expectations, religious or Spiritual views, etc... for the whole of the group. Thus, these codes of acceptance allow a concept to build into a reality. As those code's change, so does the reality.

I have dealt with this argument before and think it's hogwash. I say that all matter IS and Mathematician's and Physicist's attempt to capture IS with a mathematical formula. If they can't -- they want to change the IS so they can. IS came before language and that is what mathematics is... Language. Theoretical Physicist come up with a concept, hand it off to mathematicians, and they attempt to write the concept into a code/language using mathematics. Whether they can or not, does not dispute the fact of IS... speaking of a reality that is 'illusion'. Just saying.

I agree they some are fighting for control of the narrative , might minimize or maximize the ways control over a narrative based on the perspective agenda personal limitations of knowledge or bias aspect. Can someone with another perspective change what IS for everyone else? For instance, I noticed one song which lyrics wrote almost as a opening chakra meditation or empathetic breaking down on boundaries visualization meditation sequence/spell (didn’t save that one to my Play-list on my digital music device.) could that one song change other peoples focus , or style of participating in their lives? Could the scientists ever control the astral or portals or protection or spirit - or change our lives? I would just like more people who become aware of any Paranormal phenomena to be protected - and not to be mind blown into any breakdowns through unawareness jarred suddenly.

"Yes, we are all connected, everyone you've met or known has left a piece of themselves with you, they have formed who you are today, and you, them....even ppl you haven't met have been influenced by you through those you have....so to quote 3 dog night....lol...." how does your light shine on the road to shambala."....

Paulm

3 dog night in the know man lol

This song always makes me cry. I honestly don't cry much, so that tells me it was, and still always is, a divine gift of words and music.

bingo, the words to that song are exactly what I was referring to in my statement about people in their own little bubble, only seeing the real world "from a distance"....to truly make change we must drop our selfishness and greed and become one. that which we truly are.....there is one part of those lyriks that brings back memories for me, something someone once said to me that caused a serious shift in how I thought about things, funny how the most life changing things can happen in the strangest places......anyways, I don't think most of what I wrote in my multi quote (which for some reason i obviously did incorrectly...lol) of your post makes much sense to others, but since you quoted the Buddha I figured you would ubderstand at least some of it....lol

bingo, the words to that song are exactly what I was referring to in my statement about people in their own little bubble, only seeing the real world "from a distance"....to truly make change we must drop our selfishness and greed and become one. that which we truly are.....there is one part of those lyriks that brings back memories for me, something someone once said to me that caused a serious shift in how I thought about things, funny how the most life changing things can happen in the strangest places......anyways, I don't think most of what I wrote in my multi quote (which for some reason i obviously did incorrectly...lol) of your post makes much sense to others, but since you quoted the Buddha I figured you would ubderstand at least some of it....lol
I was able to understand it the quote mishap. Or was it really a mishap, or maybe I needed to learn something new.

Everything always means more to a person when they dig through quotes and solve it like a puzzle.

Nothing comes for free, so the world tells us.

Earth, air, water, fire... those nonsense things don't buy you a time share in Aspen.
;)

No, that was easy to solve compared to some posts I've come across. The kind where the poster must be allowing their dog to chat on forums to save time. :eek:

You are dead on about life shifts, or altering moments happening in the oddest of odd places and times.

I can sit and dwell on how to solve and go about working on a must needed change in myself. Charts graphs..:p

Then, BOOM, I am stuck in my closet looking for a shoe, in that 45 seconds I will get a crystal clear, seemingly so obvious, answer.

With zero relation to the months long agonizing conundrum. That I just knew I had to work on. So sure!

I can come out of that closet with no shoe, but I will have a revelation that leads to a completly different path I know I must follow, in just life, itself.

Nothing to do with a personal path I may have been on just 45 seconds earlier.

But that again, just proves if you want so badly to achieve something, like personal growth, working so hard to achieve it, full out.. That's not growth, that's ego again!

Smacking you in the face.

What we need comes and flows to us. Humbled again. Thinking we were more knowing, thus back into illusion.

Just because it may have had a good intention, doesn't excuse that slip.

"Get back up and keep trucking."

I don't know who to credit those wise words of wisdom to.

Plagiarism, great!

:flutterby