One at a time please!

Spectre80

Reaction score
Ok guys....I have a thought provoking theory and I would like some ideas on this.

Over the years I've noticed certain patterns in investigating. I've noticed that spirits tend to produce activity but only one category at a time. What I mean is some locations only produce great evps, while others produce rapping or physical manifestations. On the flip side locations that produce more than one type of category, almost always produces them one at a time. Another example is you'll hear an avp but not at the same time an evp is recorded. Or you'll hear audible knocking and footsteps but not catch any evps on a recorder. In other words you'll never get the perfect example of activity (seeing an apparition, while hearing it's footsteps and recording an evp of it speaking)

Once on an investigation, in front of five other researchers I was able to ask the spirit to drop the temperature. I asked it to do this right in front of a non-contact infrared thermometer I was holding. I specifically asked it to drop the temperature 15 degrees from where it was when I started. Within ten minutes sure enough, in one exact specific area in a room it dropped 15 degrees. Once our little experiment was over (not during) I captured an evp that said "it takes allot of oxygen". What that meant, I can only speculate and guess. My guess is that possibly to them (a spirit) using energy to produce activity does exactly that.....uses energy. Does using available energy to do something make them weak. Is this why certain forms of activity can only be done one at a time? Could expended energy to them feel like as if they're losing oxygen to breath creating weakness?

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
Spectre I have a similar question. For lack of a better word it's regarding the physics or the physical laws of the Paranormal. It makes logical sense that they would have to play by a different set of rules than we do here on Earth, but their dimension can interact with our dimension.
I'll try to formulate this into a much better question later.:)

Reactions: Spectre80
Physics should be physics whether here on Earth or anywhere in the universe. Are these entities using a part of physics that Earthlings have yet to discover ? Could be.

Could expended energy to them feel like as if they're losing oxygen to breath creating weakness?
Do you suppose that the entity is using the words oxygen and energy interchangeably. A track sprinter uses a lot of oxygen while he is expending energy. Is oxygen a way for the entity to relate to you ?

Do you suppose that the entity is using the words oxygen and energy interchangeably. A track sprinter uses a lot of oxygen while he is expending energy. Is oxygen a way for the entity to relate to you ?
Those are my thoughts as well.

Physics should be physics whether here on Earth or anywhere in the universe. Are these entities using a part of physics that Earthlings have yet to discover ? Could be.

But 7, are spirits in a physic-driven plane?

a. One camp will say spirits are in another similar yet very different dimension. One that probably has it's own physical laws - laws which could be something like those in our dimension.
b. Another will say spirits are in another dimension very much related to our own and therefore likely have laws that are nearly identical to those we have here.
c. Some say spirits aren't on a dimensional plane as we humans perceive dimensions; that the spirit "realm" can't even be defined in terms of "dimensions" and therefore it's possible no laws exist at all.
d. Etc, etc, etc.

Even given only the few variables above, when you think about the supposed fact that spirits can interact (even in a limited way) with our own dimension, I find it hard to decide if our dimensional physics really even apply to them at all when they do "cross over" to this side. I mean, even the fact that a ghost researcher can show an EVP doesn't necessarily imply the magnetic recording device picked up a voice. As said earlier in this thread, the researchers often doen't even physically hear any original sound at the time the EVP was recorded. But others will say they have "heard voices" even when same wasn't captured on a recording device which was running at the same time.

I've got to run but I'm going to say quickly - and too briefly - that I think the spirit dimension/realm is very much unlike anything we can imagine. And more importantly, the way spirits manifest in our dimension is completely unlike how we perceive it happens. Even given recorded and eye witness evidences, I think we are only perceiving spirits in a limited way because of how we think we might be able to do. In reality, our perception of them is being unfortunately limited by them because of the tools we have come to rely upon. I think our minds and our own in-body-spirits are the single best way to communicate with them. That said, I've not had a boatload of ghostly experiences (compared to some others on this forum).

Respectfully, ciao for now.

Reactions: Lynne and 7Critter
Interesting. While I carry out minimal investigation myself and almost never go to a site with alleged paranormal activity, I rely mostly on peoples own accounts. I’ve heard of entity manifestations to occur in a manner where some might see them often as an apparition where you couldn’t make out any detail on them apart from a shape or size and hear them (in the form of thoughts) and hear their knocking. Other possible manifestations include scratches or feeling someone touching them that no one else could see.

Though I’m not sure if this is what you’re talking about. However from what I’ve learned and my own understanding of the topic, any type of manifestation does require energy on their part and though to us that is when they tend to scare us the most, they’re also more vulnerable the more “clearly” they manifest.

Reactions: Lynne
But 7, are spirits in a physic-driven plane?

a. One camp will say spirits are in another similar yet very different dimension. One that probably has it's own physical laws - laws which could be something like those in our dimension.
b. Another will say spirits are in another dimension very much related to our own and therefore likely have laws that are nearly identical to those we have here.
c. Some say spirits aren't on a dimensional plane as we humans perceive dimensions; that the spirit "realm" can't even be defined in terms of "dimensions" and therefore it's possible no laws exist at all.
d. Etc, etc, etc.

Even given only the few variables above, when you think about the supposed fact that spirits can interact (even in a limited way) with our own dimension, I find it hard to decide if our dimensional physics really even apply to them at all when they do "cross over" to this side. I mean, even the fact that a ghost researcher can show an EVP doesn't necessarily imply the magnetic recording device picked up a voice. As said earlier in this thread, the researchers often doen't even physically hear any original sound at the time the EVP was recorded. But others will say they have "heard voices" even when same wasn't captured on a recording device which was running at the same time.

I've got to run but I'm going to say quickly - and too briefly - that I think the spirit dimension/realm is very much unlike anything we can imagine. And more importantly, the way spirits manifest in our dimension is completely unlike how we perceive it happens. Even given recorded and eye witness evidences, I think we are only perceiving spirits in a limited way because of how we think we might be able to do. In reality, our perception of them is being unfortunately limited by them because of the tools we have come to rely upon. I think our minds and our own in-body-spirits are the single best way to communicate with them. That said, I've not had a boatload of ghostly experiences (compared to some others on this forum).

Respectfully, ciao for now.
I totally agree Wands.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
Ok guys....I have a thought provoking theory and I would like some ideas on this.

Over the years I've noticed certain patterns in investigating. I've noticed that spirits tend to produce activity but only one category at a time. What I mean is some locations only produce great evps, while others produce rapping or physical manifestations. On the flip side locations that produce more than one type of category, almost always produces them one at a time. Another example is you'll hear an avp but not at the same time an evp is recorded. Or you'll hear audible knocking and footsteps but not catch any evps on a recorder. In other words you'll never get the perfect example of activity (seeing an apparition, while hearing it's footsteps and recording an evp of it speaking)

Once on an investigation, in front of five other researchers I was able to ask the spirit to drop the temperature. I asked it to do this right in front of a non-contact infrared thermometer I was holding. I specifically asked it to drop the temperature 15 degrees from where it was when I started. Within ten minutes sure enough, in one exact specific area in a room it dropped 15 degrees. Once our little experiment was over (not during) I captured an evp that said "it takes allot of oxygen". What that meant, I can only speculate and guess. My guess is that possibly to them (a spirit) using energy to produce activity does exactly that.....uses energy. Does using available energy to do something make them weak. Is this why certain forms of activity can only be done one at a time? Could expended energy to them feel like as if they're losing oxygen to breath creating weakness?
Whatever they use to manafest in our dimension it seems they have limited amounts and creating interaction with us takes a lot of it. I’m of the opinion it is energy. This would account for their limited ability to manafest things at the same time.

Whatever they use to manafest in our dimension it seems they have limited amounts and creating interaction with us takes a lot of it. I’m of the opinion it is energy. This would account for their limited ability to manafest things at the same time.
Perhaps they have to take it from the environment, because there may be more than one entity in a location but the activities are still limited. This lends to the theory that their abilities are not self contained but rely on what the environment supplies.