One at a time please!

Interesting. While I carry out minimal investigation myself and almost never go to a site with alleged paranormal activity, I rely mostly on peoples own accounts. I’ve heard of entity manifestations to occur in a manner where some might see them often as an apparition where you couldn’t make out any detail on them apart from a shape or size and hear them (in the form of thoughts) and hear their knocking. Other possible manifestations include scratches or feeling someone touching them that no one else could see.

Though I’m not sure if this is what you’re talking about. However from what I’ve learned and my own understanding of the topic, any type of manifestation does require energy on their part and though to us that is when they tend to scare us the most, they’re also more vulnerable the more “clearly” they manifest.

So here is something to consider. I believe this should accurately represent some (not all) of my beliefs relevant to spirit communications. I don't expect everyone to agree with it; yet, I can hope it makes some sense just the same.

If spirits from "the other side" actually represent the (possibly) eternal disembodied spirits from deceased humans, then some of those spirits which we feel we communicate with could be rather old - dating from 2000s, 1900s, 1800s, and even earlier. It might sound like I'm making a joke but I'm in fact trying to be factual when I say that I doubt many of those spirits have much time to invest in attending earthbound technology classes. So for every human that dies, there are technologies that are invented AFTER their death and I tend to doubt those spirits have the opportunity to learn about those new technologies. In my belief, there are many people who died before digital cameras and digital audio recording equipment were invented, as there are many people who died before light-based photography was invented, etc., etc., etc.

Putting two and two together - I don't believe that most spirits have the human-like-skills enough of their own to interact with some of the technologies many ghost researches try to use to track them. So how it that a long-passed/long-past spirit's voice might be recorded as an EVP? And how is it that this same spirit's voice was not heard audibly when the EVP captured it? As some of you here have posited, and I agree, the spirits might only be able to manifest a single technique at a time.

But why would any one spirit create a successful EVP instead of an audible voice? Or, why the reverse? Why an image on a video recording instead of a visible sighting? Or, why the reverse? I would like to offer that those spirits which are trying to communicate with us do so via the one method the researcher has most immediately offered to them. More exactly, I believe the spirits MIGHT be able to understand our thoughts - not necessarily our spoken instructions - and attempt to comply with the method offered to them by our consciously processed thoughts. They then pull energy from their environment in order to focus on that one specific manifestation. As researchers, we don't hear audibly many of the voices found later on EVP because the spirit was focused on manifesting an EVP as requested/offered. Based prejudicialy on the popular ghost hunting TV shows, how often are we shown a hunter asking for a spirit to "say something" compared to how many times those hunters are shown waving recording devices around. Think about it; aren't hunters HOPING for recorded evidence? Personal experiences of sounds or sightings, touches, or what not are most often spoken of on these TV shows but immediately explained to be not as important to the hunters as recorded evidence.

Again, I think it makes sense that sentient spirits who are trying to communicate with us will make the extra attempt to manifest their message in the manner the researcher asks them to do so. And, because many spirits don't have their own earthbound experience with many of these electronic gadgets, they do what the researchers want them to do...provide recorded evidence. But if spirits understood that manifesting an audible sound WOULD ALSO allow that noise to be recorded, they might attempt to speak something aloud instead. If a spirit knew - or were clearly and unconfusingly told - that manifesting a visible presence would allow it to be recorded on video/camera, then maybe it would try to make itself visible to the the human reserachers. Instead, spirits are making recordings because that's the only thing they have energy enough to do AND because they are very often being asked to make recordings.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne