Ok, it's over, lets go.....

Back in the 90s, Mrs Duke and I went to a 60s/70s oldies concert that featured several different groups from the period. The closing act was Eric Burdon. His encore was "Spill the Wine."

Figuring he was done, we headed to the car. Just as I opened the car door, I could hear him doing "Sky Pilot," a song he recorded with the Animals back in the late 60s. I always liked that song, but missed seeing him perform it.
Spill the Wine is on my playlist this very... decade/day. lol

Lol... I haven't attended a game of any kind since high school BUT... I NEVER leave a game of any kind that I am invested in...

August 30, 1983... I was pregnant with my youngest... WAY overdue... my husband told me TRUE... you can have this baby anytime, anywhere... EXCEPT for the Penn St. - Nebraska game. He/We was/were huge Nebraska fans. We are a huge football family... Half time... my water broke. There was a conversation :rolleyes: but, in cut-offs and no shirt and a few beers down (him) and with a huge fat lady in tow (me) ... off we went. Nebraska routed Penn St. and my son was born. That was a topic and is still a topic (long after this One has Sailed) ... to this day.

Fast forward to Oct. 27, 1985... World Series... Royals and Cardinals... (also huge Royal fans)... Late in the game... my husband slammed out the door in disgust headed for work. But, I never leave a game. In the last moments of that game... I had him on the phone (lost job or not) screaming the moments as the ROYALS won the game. :eek:

So, yeah, we would be the ones still sitting long after everyone else was gone. lololol
Did you have the baby at the game ?!

A girlfriend and i went to see Collective Soul. We found it odd as they were the opener for The Cranberries, which are fine, but not one of our favorites. We watched the first half of the concert and left as Cranberries were setting up. Shame looking back as probably would've been the only time/last time before Dolores passed away.

Reactions: Lynne