Not goin' back!

Frantic City is and always was an armpit. Nothing good ever comes out of there lol. Other states dumping their trash here doesn't help much. Living here all my life i can say there are some glimmers of light left. That makes it tolerable.
I grew up in NJ, and you couldn't pay me to live there again. There is a certain nostalgia in viewing pictures of my hometown, though

I am too… if you ever came to the southern US, I will take you to some very good barbecue. In the meantime I’m gonna send you a very very good barbecue sauce recipe that doesn’t require any cooking, and is my favorite. I add a little bit more vinegar cuz like a little bit more on the vinegar side. This recipe is so good I don’t put sauce on the burger, I dip the burger into the sauce literally! It’s that good!
vinegar based sauce is the best...........mmmmmmmmm

I am too… if you ever came to the southern US, I will take you to some very good barbecue. In the meantime I’m gonna send you a very very good barbecue sauce recipe that doesn’t require any cooking, and is my favorite. I add a little bit more vinegar cuz like a little bit more on the vinegar side. This recipe is so good I don’t put sauce on the burger, I dip the burger into the sauce literally! It’s that good!
Hey! Share that sauce on food thread!

I can't say that I'll never go back to Southern California as I still have family I want to visit living there, but I hate going and there's no way I'd ever live there again. My Mom used to ask me when I was moving back "home" and I'd just laugh. My Dad asked me once why I left and if I was coming back, at the time he was wearing a t-shirt that said "Fires. Floods. Earthquakes. Riots. I love LA." So I wasn't sure if he was joking or just completely missed the irony.

We were gonna visit there but my husband missed the dang off ramp! Geez, that interstate is so hard to figure out at those exits! lol Like a race track with the traffic!
Luck you missed the exit :/
Been going there since 1993.....it's really bad there if you don't have a car