Night Light?

I have a nightlight. The housing association just but a floodlight on the side of the building my bedroom is on. Luckily I have thick bedroom curtains, but I'm going to have to go to bat against the current guy in charge of my building. Again. The last time was when he decided to cancel our recycling pick-up. We were only helped by him getting covid and his fill-in being shocked and bringing it back. Honestly, he just doesn't think things through and is too stubborn to back down. I hope he gets transferred soon, so some other poor unfortunates can take their turn dealing with his bad judgement!
Clearly, I like it to be dark at night. I'm annoyed that I can't switch the lights off in my living room and it's actually dark.
I should add though, that he did really come through for me the first time I had covid, getting me basic supplies (last minute toilet paper!) and an inhaler which helped with the worst of the breathing trouble, so he is great in a crisis.

Last edited:
ARE YOU AFRAID OF THE DARK?

Nope. I love being in the dark - unless things are going "bump" around me :tearsofjoy:

DO YOU PREFER HAVING A NIGHT LIGHT IN YOUR ROOM OR LIKE IT DARK AS YOU CAN GET IT?

We have it dark, with no night lights. To be honest, lights in the bedroom when trying to sleep makes things difficult to doze off. We also tend to watch TV in the evening with the lights off.

AND WHY DO INVESTIGATORS WANT THE PLACE DARK? AREN'T THE SPIRITS THERE IN THE LIGHT OF DAY AS WELL?

Yes, they are.

However, investigators like to "do their thing" when the environment is quiet - no people walking by a house making noise; no constant traffic going by; less activity on WiFi, phone and radio (hobbyist) signals; a quiet home with no TV, washing machine or other appliances running which is generally a part of daytime activities, and other similar "interference". This period of "environmental settlement" just happens to be at night - when it is dark.

How many of you have gone out at night and just listened to what is going on around you? There is a lot more that happens at night that you just do not hear during the day because of "environmental pollution". Sounds also travel further at night because of the stillness of the environment. It is just the same for investigators - it is quiet; one's senses are heightened, and the environment is charged with energy from all the daytime activities.

WERE YOU AFRAID OF THE DARK AS A CHILD?

Very much so. A lot of this, though, was due to the activity that was experienced at the family home at the time. I have been through a haunting as a child and it affects you at that age. Although the activity stopped after we left the home following my parent's divorce, it affected me up to the age of about 9.

Although I am not afraid of the dark now, I do get uncomfortable sometimes in the dark. I just think this is a part of the human psyche and feelings generated by our primaeval survival instincts. We have spent more time, as a species, being afraid and wary of things out there in the darkness, than we have walking around under street lighting! It is ingrained within us - that heightened feeling of "fight or flight" when it gets dark..........

Amateur astronomer, dark-room tech for 5 years in my 20's, paranormal investigator. Terrific spatial sense in total darkness. With developing cataracts, I currently see much better in dim light than bright.

No night light needed for me, but they are essential for Mrs. GW.

I have been night blind for years, so I did not drive after dark from about the age of 50. However, if the power goes out here and it's pitch black in the house, I'm the one who gets up to go after the flashlight. I can "sense" where the walls are, or obstacles ahead of me so it's safer for me to "sense" my way through the house than send hubs.
You sound like my wife. Her night vision is terrible.

Several years ago we had gone out to eat at a restaurant and I had a few beers with my meal, so she was driving us home. At one point I yelled out "STOP!! STOP!!! StopStopStop!" To which she just kept driving and saying "Ow, my ears! Why are you yelling?" I told her to stop the car because we just barely missed hitting that dog. At this point she did stop and asked "What dog?" It was night, driving down a street with no streetlights, a black dog ran out in the middle of the road and she never even saw it. I knew that she had bad night vision but that was the first time I saw just how bad it really was. Despite me having had a few beers we actually changed seats and I drove the rest of the way home.

Recently my wife got some new contacts lenses that are special designed for people with astigmatism. The are weighted on one side so when she puts them in they automatically rotate into the right position. The first night she wore them we were driving and she was like "Oh Wow! Everything is so much clearer. I can actually make out details of the car in front of us. Is this how you see at night?" Then for the next 10-15 minutes she would point out an object and ask what I see when I look at it so she could compare what I see to what she's seeing and to how it would have looked like to her before. I can still see better in the dark than her but it's not that much of a difference with these lenses.

I have a nightlight. The housing association just but a floodlight on the side of the building my bedroom is on. Luckily I have thick bedroom curtains, but I'm going to have to go to bat against the current guy in charge of my building. Again. The last time was when he decided to cancel our recycling pick-up. We were only helped by him getting covid and his fill-in being shocked and bringing it back. Honestly, he just doesn't think things through and is too stubborn to back down. I hope he gets transferred soon, so some other poor unfortunates can take their turn dealing with his bad judgement!
Clearly, I like it to be dark at night. I'm annoyed that I can't switch the lights off in my living room and it's actually dark.
I should add though, that he did really come through for me the first time I had covid, getting me basic supplies (last minute toilet paper!) and an inhaler which helped with the worst of the breathing trouble, so he is great in a crisis.
The lights in your appartment are not under your control ? Did I understand right ? That would be awful.

I prefer darkness in the bedroom with nightlights in the walk way to the bathroom. Hubby likes to run the tv in bed and I just turn it off after he nods off.

Reactions: Paulm and Debi
Oh, I would hate that with a bright light coming into the bedroom! When we lived in our last place, there was a row of houses one block over, who had a bright light in their back yard. That light would come right into our bedroom until I purchased black out curtains.

The dark doesn't bother me. I do keep porch lights on, in the process of replacing them with motion sensor lights though. I prefer the dark to sleep. If I have to get up in the middle of the night I do not turn lights on.