NASA funds research for turning poop into astronaut meals. Read more: http://www.

I was somewhat hungry and in search of a snack...until I read this. Thanks for the diet help, Maphoo!
Okay, I can see a problem already. Re-using Poo as a food substitute is likely going to reduce the consumption of food, thereby reducing the generation of additional poo. This in turn, will dangerously reduce the production of shielding material, and the precious secondary food source, which would require more food to be brought from home. However due to weight constraints, this resource would soon run out, and the fare would then revert to secondary foods. Debi's diet could be putting the entire mission into jeopardy by her inherent lack of production of shielding material!

Reactions: Mokey
I'm gonna go bake brownies brb

Unfortunately I heard this story before, and I'm still as repulsed now as I was then. I get the fact that if you're hungry enough you'll eat anything, but this? Hopefully I won't be sent out on any long space missions, as they'll have to watch me deteriorate and call me wasted space.
They'd probably use you as shielding, and a supplementary food source. :)

Reactions: Mokey
Well I guess in the test we take to determing if we're fit for such a mission, we'd fail. This is one area I wouldn't mind being a failure in.

Reactions: Debi and Maphoo