NASA funds research for turning poop into astronaut meals. Read more: http://www.

Maphoo

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
Reactions: Mokey and surge
Reactions: Mokey and Debi
I also heard they have a plan on manned ships to Mars (if there ever are any) to further reduce radiation exposure in the "safe room" of the ship by partially lining the walls with bags-o-poo. So Grinchesbro, KINDA! yeah!
Sounds like we can no longer call it a "waste" product, then. Sounds to me like it's useful sh*t!

Reactions: Mokey and Maphoo
Sounds like we can no longer call it a "waste" product, then. Sounds to me like it's useful sh*t!
Last night's dinner, Tomorrow's breakfast, Next weeks solar flare deflector, October's "Spicy Solar Flare Souflee (get recipe from Chef Debi). Then back to the wall again, or what?
Can the poo be prepared as something edible in advance, then that poop-meal left on the shield-wall for added protection, until the next solar flare, to say melt the cheese? Or would eating this preparation be more dangerous than injesting a certain crapfection with fresh (or let us say freshly-baked) ingredients straight from our own ovens. How important, really, is it to balance safety and succulence :p

Reactions: Mokey
Last night's dinner, Tomorrow's breakfast, Next weeks solar flare deflector, October's "Spicy Solar Flare Souflee (get recipe from Chef Debi). Then back to the wall again, or what?
Can the poo be prepared as something edible in advance, then that poop-meal left on the shield-wall for added protection, until the next solar flare, to say melt the cheese? Or would eating this preparation be more dangerous than injesting a certain crapfection with fresh (or let us say freshly-baked) ingredients straight from our own ovens. How important, really, is it to balance safety and succulence :p
I was somewhat hungry and in search of a snack...until I read this. Thanks for the diet help, Maphoo!

Reactions: Mokey and Maphoo
Unfortunately I heard this story before, and I'm still as repulsed now as I was then. I get the fact that if you're hungry enough you'll eat anything, but this? Hopefully I won't be sent out on any long space missions, as they'll have to watch me deteriorate and call me wasted space.

Reactions: Maphoo and Debi