Man went missing in Alaska

The other thing is if he found an entrance he probably was killed. At these facilities sure there are military personnel, but security is usually contractors and don't play and don't have the same rules.
Also the government uses contractors in biotech and other things. The reason is the freedom of information act doesn't apply to these companies and can do alot of things with no oversight
Yes makes total sense.

Is this what is called a transponder?

Basically. Wonks anywhere in the world. You can even get models that will send messages to friends and family, allow them to track your progress and send alerts when you make it to certain way points. Also a sat phone is great to have.
I remind people to always keep that item on them. Even if your going to the bathroom or whatever. You leave it in your tent or pack for 2 seconds and that's when a bear gets you,you fall down a cliff,a tree falls on you,ect.

Reactions: Lynne
So, this guy was dropped in the middle of nowhere? Alone? How was he supposed to get around to search? No horse or mule or vehicle. Seems kind of stupid to me.

Basically. Wonks anywhere in the world. You can even get models that will send messages to friends and family, allow them to track your progress and send alerts when you make it to certain way points. Also a sat phone is great to have.
I remind people to always keep that item on them. Even if your going to the bathroom or whatever. You leave it in your tent or pack for 2 seconds and that's when a bear gets you,you fall down a cliff,a tree falls on you,ect.
This is the best advice and people should take it when out in the wilderness.

Reactions: K9-1
So, this guy was dropped in the middle of nowhere? Alone? How was he supposed to get around to search? No horse or mule or vehicle. Seems kind of stupid to me.
I thought so too. Maybe he was not planning on coming back.

Reactions: K9-1 and crux
As a warning!
Please please....if you're going on an adventure like this get a good waterproof map and a very good compass that works world wide. Not all compasses work the same in different parts of the world.
Learn to read a map especially topographical maps.
Gps's are definitely cool and make things easier, but they can break and batteries can go dead.
The wilderness is no place to play around! If cutting wood you can use a saw do it! It's much safer than using a knife or axe.
I could go on forever about safety in the outdoors..lol

As a warning!
Please please....if you're going on an adventure like this get a good waterproof map and a very good compass that works world wide. Not all compasses work the same in different parts of the world.
Learn to read a map especially topographical maps.
Gps's are definitely cool and make things easier, but they can break and batteries can go dead.
The wilderness is no place to play around! If cutting wood you can use a saw do it! It's much safer than using a knife or axe.
I could go on forever about safety in the outdoors..lol
I think this excellent advice and simple too really. Learning the basics is a must I would think. I am not a camper although I do love the country and being outside. I am a big chicken and would never choose to be out in the woods alone. There are those who do and that is great advice.

Reactions: K9-1
People over estimate there actual abilities and take risks or just aren't prepared and die in the outdoors. They've found bodies of....experienced hikers....just yards away from a trail. They go off the trail for 1 reason or the other get turned around. Then they stay put and wait for search and rescue and never make it.
Never go into the woods without expecting to spend atleast 3days out there. Pack and dress accordingly and know your limits! Watching Alone or these survival shows...these are pros to an extent and it's tv so technically it's a controlled environment.