Lost time and unexplained events

This is so scary......It happens to me occasionally so, I can relate! Once about 10 years ago, I was leaving work and driving home. When I finally slowed down to make the left turn into my old neighborhood, I had no recollection of driving the last 2-3 minutes! Like I went from LSU to the corner of my neighborhood in an instant, about 4 miles.
Another example, I was on my way to my yearly trip to the cabin in Arkansas. I stopped at Dollar general for some lip balm I think and walked in then, "re-appeared" in the parking lot walking to my truck. I have no memory of paying and walking out....
This past summer, I was leaving a large plant near the coast of La and had no memory of leaving the plant while I was driving! I got mad...and started yelling at myself....Your here!!....your here!!...Look at the trees, look at the ditch, look at the road, etc to ground myself.
It happened about 2 weeks ago. I was walking with my wife and "left" and forced myself to look at the ground the my surroundings to "return".....
Its really annoying.....

• Wow
  • Big Grin
Reactions: Debi and Selectric
I had that happen one night driving home from a friend's house. I got in the car after warming it up since it was very cold that night, then i am inside my house using the bathroom. It took a second to comprehend, looking around the room and wondering how the heck am i here already? None of the 30-45 min drive can be recalled. I also never checked the clock either, so who knows. My brain must've went for it's own drive without me lol. I have driven that route many times, never having that happen. No other times stand out other than multiple dreams where i am hyper-aware i am in a place that i have no clue how i got there or why. Spooky stuff for sure.

I had that happen one night driving home from a friend's house. I got in the car after warming it up since it was very cold that night, then i am inside my house using the bathroom. It took a second to comprehend, looking around the room and wondering how the heck am i here already? None of the 30-45 min drive can be recalled. I also never checked the clock either, so who knows. My brain must've went for it's own drive without me lol. I have driven that route many times, never having that happen. No other times stand out other than multiple dreams where i am hyper-aware i am in a place that i have no clue how i got there or why. Spooky stuff for sure.
That’s a long, damn time dude…

Reactions: Selectric
That’s a long, damn time dude…
Yeah really freaky. I always followed the same roads to get home from there. I planned it due to high deer issues until i got onto the main highways. A bulk of the roads are back wooded ones, so i had to be very aware of what was around me. I even made sure i passed my sister's house during the ride as well. Back then didn't have the best vehicles, so in case i broke down, i knew i had somewhere to walk if i needed help. Even being careful i had multiple deer run out and i clipped a few of them. One of them blind sided me and rolled over the engine hood and kept going lol. So not knowing what exactly happened that night, was quite unnerving.

Reactions: Lynne
Yeah really freaky. I always followed the same roads to get home from there. I planned it due to high deer issues until i got onto the main highways. A bulk of the roads are back wooded ones, so i had to be very aware of what was around me. I even made sure i passed my sister's house during the ride as well. Back then didn't have the best vehicles, so in case i broke down, i knew i had somewhere to walk if i needed help. Even being careful i had multiple deer run out and i clipped a few of them. One of them blind sided me and rolled over the engine hood and kept going lol. So not knowing what exactly happened that night, was quite unnerving.
Yeah, I’m so lucky that has never happened to me. I hear the state of Maine has a ridiculous amount of car and deer collisions. I bet that’s pretty scary though.

This is so scary......It happens to me occasionally so, I can relate! Once about 10 years ago, I was leaving work and driving home. When I finally slowed down to make the left turn into my old neighborhood, I had no recollection of driving the last 2-3 minutes! Like I went from LSU to the corner of my neighborhood in an instant, about 4 miles.
Another example, I was on my way to my yearly trip to the cabin in Arkansas. I stopped at Dollar general for some lip balm I think and walked in then, "re-appeared" in the parking lot walking to my truck. I have no memory of paying and walking out....
This past summer, I was leaving a large plant near the coast of La and had no memory of leaving the plant while I was driving! I got mad...and started yelling at myself....Your here!!....your here!!...Look at the trees, look at the ditch, look at the road, etc to ground myself.
It happened about 2 weeks ago. I was walking with my wife and "left" and forced myself to look at the ground the my surroundings to "return".....
Its really annoying.....
I am guessing that this is something other than what happens to a lot of us during routine routes, where our motor functions just take over and our mind drifts? Do you think you are going out of body?

Wow Selectric, this sounds very strange indeed. Do you think you might have been abducted? Did you have missing time? I know you don't remember the drive home but was the time you forgot till when you remembered about the right amount of time to have driven the distance? Many abduction reports happen in rural areas.

I am guessing that this is something other than what happens to a lot of us during routine routes, where our motor functions just take over and our mind drifts? Do you think you are going out of body?
What you're describing is known as "highway hypnosis."

Reactions: Selectric and Paulm