Lost Skills

I guess nowadays, if you want to be rude, you don't glance at your watch, but at your phone, lol.
Just watching the last episode of the Mockumentary Cunk on Earth and she just said:
'Smart-phones revolutionised the way humans interact, by providing a socially acceptable way to ignore everyone around us.'

• Haha
Reactions: Paintman
Oz, night is easier than day, if you can see and know the stars. The sky is a giant clock, and at night there are lots more ticks on the clockface than just old Mr. Sun and Ms. Moon.
The stars are more detailed and technically better, but the sun is more user friendly. Like Linux vs Windows.
Edit: Although the sun doesn't wreck all your old software, refuse to tell you what it's doing, take twelve hours to install and never demands you buy a more expensive computer for it to come up. Also it never crashes and doesn't disrupt what you are doing to upload random crap you will never use and never gives me weather reports for random places I'm not in. Finally people only hate the sun in extreme heatwaves rather than all the time, so perhaps this analogy is a bit poor and I should have picked two things people liked. Honestly, Windows is more like global heating: something widely hated but that we are just stuck with.

Last edited:
I don't have a mobile phone or a watch. I rely on the sun, sort of like a not so tough Crocodile Dundee, lol. Night time is tough, lol.
Yeah, I tell the time by the sun too. I spent a good deal of my childhood and adolescence in Australia. Is it an Aussie thing I somehow culturally imbibed? I still love Australia btw ozentity. Every time I arrive in Melbourne I still feel like I'm coming home, even tho I live in Massachusetts.

I could never get the star thing, there's too many of them, lol.
Not round here after the neighbouring old people* building insisted on all night floodlights there ain't! There was just one for a while. I fought and got hoods put over the damn things at least, so at least it's darker at night than during the day on the upper floors. And now I can see four or five stars rather than just the Lucifer one. After this happened a resident gave away their telescope. Seriously, screw some people!

*Well their average age is a lot older and they look down us and treat us like scum, so gloves off.

Last edited: