International Hangover Day!

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

In honor of National Beer Day yesterday, we have an International Hangover Day!
(Yup! It's a real thing!)

What was the worst hangover you've ever had?
What were you drinking and where were you?
funny-hangover-memes-5.jpg

View attachment 50216
Oh my. There were two times i sort of remember (try to forget lol). One when i was a teenager and drinking Old Spill (Old Milwaukee) and second was drinking vodka (last time too btw lol). I will never look at chicken and corn chowder soup the same ever again lol.

worst hangover was in the 90's, tequila, dont remember the brand.....it came in a plastic half gallon jug....never drink tequila that comes in plastic......no matter how cheap it is........i was hungover for 3 days. felt like crap....never again, from then on it was all name brand stuff.....it was an even worse hangover than MD2020 or Boones farm as a teenager.

Worst hangover? That's kind of a head scratcher because I never really thought to compare or rank them. It seems like the last one is always the worst one but that's not necessarily the case.

I guess maybe the one that stands out the most was when I was first stationed in Arizona and went to the enlisted club with a friend and we built shot glass towers. The problem was that the staff kept "stealing" our towers so we had to keep ordering whisky shots to rebuild them. I don't remember all that happened that night, but I do remember leaving the bar. I walked outside and the air was pleasantly warm. I specifically remember wondering how far it was to the barracks and I counted how many steps it took; which was three. Not that the barracks were actually that close, they were actually about a mile away, but I was only consciously aware of taking three steps.

When I woke up the next day every part of my body was miserable, in pain or both. I stumbled out into the hall like a zombie where I met my friend who was also shuffling like the undead. We didn't say anything but still understood each other and we walked across the street to where there was a sort of strip mall with a gas station, convenience store, barber, pizzeria, ect. We bought some Gatorade, aspirin and a loaf of bread. There were two young ladies hanging out and they were looking at us and smiling. I said "hello" and they started giggling. My friend asked "have we met?" and they said we were all hanging out together the night before. I immediately apologized and they burst out laughing.

My buddy and I went back to the barracks, took our aspirin, drank our Gatorade and nibbled bread. We also agreed that we were done drinking for at least 24 hours.

Last edited:
My first and last worst hangover happened while I was away at school. I was rather shy and was happy to included when a bunch of other girls invited me to hang out.

They headed straight for a liquor store and stocked up on Boone's and other cheap wines. We took turns swigging from the bottle, passed it around until empty, then starting on another. I vaguely remember us walking downtown, staggering drunk and laughing at everything.

One girl decided that she had to urinate, so she just walked over to a hedge, started to squat, and fell into it. By the time we reached the dorms, I was as sick as a dog, and learned what 'kneeling before the throne' meant, lol. I had never before drank so much alcohol at once, and never have again!

Years ago I was very poor and living in a country town. My friend won a live turkey at the local fair and gave it to me. We were all broke but decided to throw a party, cheap cask wine only and I cooked the turkey hangi style in the ground, it was 15lb dressed so everyone got a good feed and it tasted beautiful. After dinner we drank the filthy wine until 3am then came back in to finish the turkey, left on the counter on a hot Summer night :eek: . That's the last I remember, waking at 11am to everyone vomiting and feeling like dying. Everyone blamed me for the turkey but I'm sure it was the drink, we all were sick for days, ;bg2.

Worst Hangover. Hands down, after drinking cheap, Albertsons Vodka. Don’t remember what I was mixin, maybe screwdrivers? Anyway, had to work a gig the following morning.
O…M….G! Head…..Pounding. It took 4 ibuprofens, and some BC power just to tame the pain down. Headache finally stopped about 12 hrs later when I was done. Took me 2 days to fully recover.
Never made that mistake again!

All I remember was I went to a party with a bunch of friends who later dropped me off at home. I recall crawling (yes on my hands and knees) up the steps and into the kitchen where I spent the next several hours sleeping...on the floor. Once I finally actually made it to bed, I stayed there pretty much the next 24 hours drinking sips of ginger ale and nibbles of bread. I actually don't remember the party itself! You can file this under "why I don't drink".

Last edited:

View attachment 50216
I didn't know about this, but was well ahead and did it anyway. I was walking blearily through a supermarket this evening (still hungover) when a teenage boy started yelling excitedly about seeing 'Jesus' . (I have a beard right now)
'Oh God...' I thought, but as I was walking away had a flashback to last night and a young woman I was talking to filming me and the words 'Tik-Tok', 'Jesus in Converse' and 'Viral'.
A truly classic hangover should have some 'MY GOD, WHAT HAVE I DONE???' to it.