I miss this...

Tinsel means old people still have a phlemy cough. :)
That picture of ribbon candy is making me doubt the sanity of our forefathers and celebrate our new leaders - Mr Willie Wonka, Snicker's, and Mars.:)

Reactions: Benway and Lynne
Tinsel means old people still have a phlemy cough. :)
That picture of ribbon candy is making me doubt the sanity of our forefathers and celebrate our new leaders - Mr Willie Wonka, Snicker's, and Mars.:)
I love almost any sweet lol, but you are right too much nostalgia is not good for us. Thanks for keeping me grounded

Reactions: Paintman
I bought some more tinsel! And there's tinsel elsewhere here too! What's going on over there? It smells like a conspiracy to me. Secret deevolved grey alien Christmas blockade in the Atlantic? I can't find spray snow though. Or party poppers. I know that Christmas starts in around March nowadays, so maybe some things sell out?

Reactions: Paintman and Lynne
I miss the innocence that comes with being a kid. Not realizing your parents want to get you everything but cant. Most of all I miss the shows and the peaking at presents by tarring open a little corner thinking no one will notice. I miss how my family was united before My mother died. That seemed to break the bond of family. I miss not knowing the truth and having dreams that were outrageous.

My brother used to call me the little dumber boy because he could tell that claymation made me sad. I miss the plays at church. I wonder what the hell happened to that kid.

I miss the innocence that comes with being a kid. Not realizing your parents want to get you everything but cant. Most of all I miss the shows and the peaking at presents by tarring open a little corner thinking no one will notice. I miss how my family was united before My mother died. That seemed to break the bond of family. I miss not knowing the truth and having dreams that were outrageous.

My brother used to call me the little dumber boy because he could tell that claymation made me sad. I miss the plays at church. I wonder what the hell happened to that kid.

You summed it all up well Armand. I miss it too. I’m glad that we get a peek at that kid once in a while.

Reactions: Paintman

I am right there with you in every sentence you wrote. Thanks for reaching inside and sharing your important remembrances with us Armand.

If I’d have known I was going to be looking into a mirror this early, I would have shaved before logging into the forum this morning.

I really lost a huge amount of my Christmas magick when I discovered my parents were acting in the place of Santa. My family was lower class and before that time I’d ask Santa for everything possible for Christmas. After that point, very literally a pair of socks was enough to satisfy me. Years later when I started working in a public position, my parents would buy me at least one new pair of dress shoes each Christmas; and I’m not talking about the really nice $100 kind, I’m talking about the $300+ a pair kind. Hard to accept how they worked to buy me needless stuff as a child and later continued to give to me such seriously costly gifts.

But I valued every gift too. I’m very glad that I took really good care of my toys - even storing half of them in their original packaging after each round of play. I was an anal young lad. At age 14 we donated every toy I had - about six big boxes plus my 10 speed bike - to an orphanage.

Well said. I remember looking through printed color catalogs, going to the toy section, and marking things that I wanted. Then one Christmas, as I picked up the catalog, I realized, sadly, that I was too old for the toys section. Today, of course, we have the internet to replace those toys ads and can dream again.

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
Well said. I remember looking through printed color catalogs, going to the toy section, and marking things that I wanted. Then one Christmas, as I picked up the catalog, I realized, sadly, that I was too old for the toys section. Today, of course, we have the internet to replace those toys ads and can dream again.

Hey 7. In light of other threads’ exchanges we’ve had this morning, I want to remind you here that you are NEVER too old to play. And to me that means you are never too old for toys either.

Respectfully, remember that play and fanciful thinking help to exercise your mind too. Hint, hint.

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman