Guns, Ammo, and Gun Gear

I need to stock up on ammo. Not for the apocalypse, but for training. The only ammo I have stock piled is underwood ammo in 9mm,10mm,380,38spl, 357mag. Then my 308 ammo which is Sierra and nosler and it ain't cheap.
I bought a crossbow for the apocalypse, but I didn't think it through. I got a compound crossbow instead of just a recurve. A recurve you can restring easily a compound requires a special bow press and is around 600 bucks for a good 1. Its still fun to shoot though!
I will need Coordinates ;) :D

I will need Coordinates ;) :D

Right now the wife wants to buy a 2nd house in Tennessee and have this property completely redone. I want to build a 1200 foot modern cabin down by the lake and stay here while the old house is knocked down and new house built. My wife wants it to be basically a huge bunker...lol! Again the movie....Leave the world behind... pays off.
I'm just waiting on the word from to find a designer that's familiar with concrete homes. I have the the concrete company lined up,electrician,septic,hydrow system,hvac,and plumbers,and pool company all lined up. Just need the word from the wife.

Since we are moving to IL in a few weeks, we gave our guns to our Peoria son who has a FOID card. I had no idea that was necessary in IL, but we'll have no where to shoot but at his property anyway. All these little rules confuse me...lol

Since we are moving to IL in a few weeks, we gave our guns to our Peoria son who has a FOID card. I had no idea that was necessary in IL, but we'll have no where to shoot but at his property anyway. All these little rules confuse me...lol
Yes, every state is different :/ NJ is the strictest imo... :/

Reactions: Debi
Several years ago I was going to a football game in Iowa. Despite having an Ohio concealed carry permit, to legally pass through Illinois with my handgun, the Illinois AG's office told me I would have to lock the unloaded weapon in my trunk, and lock the loaded magazine in my console or glove box.

When I called to ask the question btw, I also got a lecture from the woman in the AG's office about what horrible people we were to own/carry guns. She told me Chicago wouldn't have any gun crime problems if it wasn't for nearby states' guns coming into the city. She hung up on me when I asked I'd she'd ever heard of the 2nd Amendment.

Several years ago I was going to a football game in Iowa. Despite having an Ohio concealed carry permit, to legally pass through Illinois with my handgun, the Illinois AG's office told me I would have to lock the unloaded weapon in my trunk, and lock the loaded magazine in my console or glove box.

When I called to ask the question btw, I also got a lecture from the woman in the AG's office about what horrible people we were to own/carry guns. She told me Chicago wouldn't have any gun crime problems if it wasn't for nearby states' guns coming into the city. She hung up on me when I asked I'd she'd ever heard of the 2nd Amendment.
The bad guys will always get guns. Don't care what rules there are.

In these parts, you know you're old when you remember when California was a gun-friendly state.

Actually, it wasn't all that long ago. :confused:

Reactions: Ragnar0711
I'm debating on another 1. I can't decide between a 9mm,22lr,or 556. I shoot my MP-5 alot ,but my AUG really would be cool with 1 also. 22lr is just fun and with the right firearm, ammo,and suppressor make them very quite.
just use subsonic ammo for the .22 and go with the 9mm for the next one....