future of dark matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, Ducky...here's one for you. Does the network have no sponsors? Advertisers?

as of went i left, about 3 months ago, and based off what i see on there website, NO
and throw a third party, i requested there ad rates, and they are even out of wack for most talk am stations... in major markets... too high too high

and i can only speak for myself, i found a sponsor for my podcast.... so while i am not making any money, it off sets my cost, and i cant deliever the air plays or reach of a network...

Well, I would see that as a bad sign of things to come for the network. And if he's asking for donations, I don't think he has the right to ride on the backs of the podcasters doing the work. I'm all about supporting those podcasters who are trying to grow their program. They're the ones doing the work. But it's supposed to be Keith's job to pull in the outside sponsors and advertisers. Having your rates be through the ceiling will result in zero support....why not be in a reasonable range and get some instead of none? Sounds like somebody doesn't know marketing.

based off the letter that came with the rates... i can promise you, he should have spend 50 bucks and got some help selling his network....

It appears he's working from a place of greed, not wisdom. I'm assuming he feels if Art's name is attached it should bring a gold mine or something. Yes, Art is a legend, but the wheel of life has turned and the young ones out there that are just tuning in and getting into the field of the paranormal could probably care less about his label. I have a 33 year old son who is just getting into the paranormal podcasts, and I actually had to explain to him who Art is. This is the age group he needs to target if he wants to actually grow, not just rest on Art's coat tails. The younger demographic is where he needs to look.

well, something else i noticed but never really looked into deepth about, but all the other hosts were 10 plus years old there me, so he isnt into that market, yes art bell and internet dont go together...being a little younger then your son, Art needs to start using social media yesterday to hope even a chance at internet radio... last check over 30,000 shows on stitcher and i am sure even more on itunes...

Absolutely agree on the social media...and I don't think Art's that good at it. If he plans a big comeback, he needs to be doing that NOW. I just think things have shifted so much that Keith and Art are a bit behind the curve. We of the older generation of paranormal people have much to offer in the line of knowledge, but it needs to be delivered in a very different manner these days to capture that younger demographic. And there are a lot of people out there your age, Ducky, that are actively looking for new sources. It's all about using every bit of social media you can find and utilizing it to the max. Had you not been here on this forum, I wouldn't have known about you nor could I have recommended you to my son, who has since recommended you to others.

Reactions: Naked Apple
well social media can be managed, but an outsider, shoot about 6 months ago. I was offered a job doing it for a company. Passed on it tho.
yes paranormal people are always looking for new knowledge and places they can speak openly with out being trolled.
yes word of mouth, is key, cause i can spend alot of time on social media, forums and other sites. But without the referals of listeners its mostly just hot air.
As for Keith and Art... what worked on the internet in 1998 doesnt anymore. I am always trying to stay ahead of the curve with whats in 2014... its a tough market.

Reactions: Debi
Status
Not open for further replies.