future of dark matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I believe all you boys behind the mic need to move (pardon the upcoming pun) beyond Dark Matter. Sure, it's a brand. Sure, it's got Art's name attached to it and is instant PR. But I also think that with a little outside of the box thinking and marketing, new names can and should enter the field without the controlling hand of Keith. Some of those I have heard on the Network are just being clones and trying to fit into the box set-up for programming. Most of us want to hear clear voices and new ideas, not just the same old show based on programming requirements. What drew us all to Art in the beginning was his unique take on things and his defiance of those parameters.

Time to spread your wings and fly, boys. Be yourself, be honest with us, and give us programming outside of the box.

Reactions: LadyLinda
In my opinion, the Dark Matter network's future is tied to what Art does. If he comes back with a strong show, even a weekly one, I see a continued presence hosting shows similar to the ones available now. If Art either doesn't return or comes back and quits (again) after a short time, I don't think it will bode well for the DM network.

Reactions: Debi
I tend to agree with you, Surge. I have to say, tho, that with Art approaching 70, I just can't see him wanting to do the daily show thing for long to begin with. I know age doesn't confine us to goals, or shows, but I know it's a lot of work to do them...at least do them well. Research, prep, etc. I apologize to @malliard for not hearing your show, sir, but I know from DM that there's work involved before even getting in front of that mic. Not so sure Art's going to want to maintain that kind of schedule again. I've followed Art since show #1, and his comings and goings are legend. There are many of us that feel a little leery of what is to come, and also a little burned for believing. Which is why I actually looked for podcasts to follow NOT on the Dark Matter network, as I wasn't sure THAT was going to last long.

My other concern with Art's return is that he is very much a listener driven show. Depending on what time he plans on broadcasting, whether he's on radio or on-line, will play into his live audience attendance. Not sure he's going to have the patience to rebuild in a new format.

well dont apologize its ok, my show is very different then all the other shows on that network, hence why i am a former host.
I didnt so the station liners and take breaks along with a whole bunch of other things, that pushed buttons with the management.

But with all of that, i dont see the future of dark matter radio network, you remove one live show that airs 4 nights a week and you got a hand ful of other live shows and TON of podcasts cause its very hard to live up to the standards set before the hosts live.

well dont apologize its ok, my show is very different then all the other shows on that network, hence why i am a former host.
I didnt so the station liners and take breaks along with a whole bunch of other things, that pushed buttons with the management.

But with all of that, i dont see the future of dark matter radio network, you remove one live show that airs 4 nights a week and you got a hand ful of other live shows and TON of podcasts cause its very hard to live up to the standards set before the hosts live.
So are you still doing your show, mallaird? Podcast? Live? Give the details so others may know!

And if I keep spelling your name wrong I'm gonna have to start calling you Mr. Duck! **sorry bout that!**

Malliard, duck, quack, jim i get called alot of things
yes the show is still live tuesday nights at 9 pm eastern or crap 15 minutes from now hahah

Malliard, duck, quack, jim i get called alot of things
yes the show is still live tuesday nights at 9 pm eastern or crap 15 minutes from now hahah
Do you have a podcast? I can't always listen in real time, but love my podcasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.