Can Evil Spirits Inhabit A.I.?

If demons or entities do choose to use AI it doesn’t mean they live there permanently. I agree they all need a big red off switch.
So where do you stand on protecting A.I. by investing them with prayer and baptism?

So where do you stand on protecting A.I. by investing them with prayer and baptism?
Like any other "haunting", i.e. dolls, mirrors, etc, demonic or negative energy can use anything. This does not mean A.I. has a soul to "protect." The energy would be using the A.I. to harm those with a soul. This is assuming you have spiritual beliefs. If one doesn't, then this would be a moot question/point.

Like any other "haunting", i.e. dolls, mirrors, etc, demonic or negative energy can use anything. This does not mean A.I. has a soul to "protect." The energy would be using the A.I. to harm those with a soul. This is assuming you have spiritual beliefs. If one doesn't, then this would be a moot question/point.
which brings about the philosophical question of being without a soul, does becoming sentient make it more of a danger and accessible by the dark side?..

I think we can program A.I.s to behave evilly. I think we can also program them in ways that in retrospect will prove to be unwise, such as some self-driving cars that behave unpredictably. The most important thing is to limit the scope of the A.I.s activity and to have an off switch for it.

As for demons inhabiting an A.I., presently A.I.s don't have much freedom, and demons don't really like being confined and controlled from what literary sources suggest. I think existing in A.I.s would be unlikely to entice demons much. I think it is bad enough that A.I.s have plenty of military applications.

I think you are assuming... WE are programming anything. Just because we utilize the toys being thrown at us ... doesn't mean we have any control... Nor does it mean we have ANY understanding of the Spirit behind the fact. As you speak above... "military application"... What Say You... about "The Spirit" of that thing???
On the flip side, having just read about Chatbot GPT being used in place of rabbis, priests etc. Is it possible to infuse an AI with the Holy Spirit? I mean, if it can have the devil in it, why not the power of God? There is nothing intrinsically holy or unholy about A.I., it is just computer code, but that doesn't mean it can't be running prayers in the background. A pity we can't baptize an A.I. really... Perhaps someone can find a way?

Why is it that we have no problem looking into AI as our toys for our great amusement... for our total and complete amusement... the fact of our lives... but... have no understanding of a Spiritual disconnect... ? Are you kidding me?

Good and evil... that is a STATE of BEING...

That we are having this conversation tells me...

We are losing this War

I think you are assuming... WE are programming anything. Just because we utilize the toys being thrown at us ... doesn't mean we have any control... Nor does it mean we have ANY understanding of the Spirit behind the fact. As you speak above... "military application"... What Say You... about "The Spirit" of that thing???

Why is it that we have no problem looking into AI as our toys for our great amusement... for our total and complete amusement... the fact of our lives... but... have no understanding of a Spiritual disconnect... ? Are you kidding me?

Good and evil... that is a STATE of BEING...

That we are having this conversation tells me...

We are losing this War

Patience. It is still very new. We can be a species that is sometimes very slow to learn, slow to wake-up. But we are young, and show promise.
The War is eternal. We, on this earth, are not. But the War goes on, regardless. We stand together when needed, on any plane.

Patience. It is still very new. We can be a species that is sometimes very slow to learn, slow to wake-up. But we are young, and show promise.
The War is eternal. We, on this earth, are not. But the War goes on, regardless. We stand together when needed, on any plane.
Well said GW

I don't think you understand how computers work. They aren't supernatural devices, and more than say, a blender or an air fryer is. You can go to the factories where they are made and you might notice a complete absence of Satanic covens practicing hoodoo over the motherboards. Instead you will find underpaid Asians who are waiting for their shift to end, similar to who you will find in most factories. The fact you feel you have no control is merely a function of the likelihood that you don't know how to program computers. They are just tools. Any threat is due to the human mind behind them.
Why is it that we have no problem looking into AI as our toys for our great amusement... for our total and complete amusement... the fact of our lives... but... have no understanding of a Spiritual disconnect... ? Are you kidding me? Good and evil... that is a STATE of BEING... That we are having this conversation tells me... We are losing this War
A.I.s are not toys for our amusement alone. They are increasingly useful tools that people are using to help them do work. The main aim of A.I.s is to reduce the human workload. If you are going to criticize that we might look to automobiles and say "look at these tools of Satan, the cars, they force us to travel at demonic speeds, and strip us of the toil of travelling long distances by foot, thus engendering the sin of sloth, and endangering us with collisions". As to losing this "War" as you put it, yes, technophobes have not been doing well since the death of General Ludd.

Fair enough. If a computer can be invested with demonic energy however, surely it can also be invested with angelic energy? After all demons are just fallen angels, so there is no reason why an angel cannot go where a demon is to drive it off. Blessings on the whole seem to be more static defenses, a bit more like barrier spraying against bugs imo (but not computer bugs unfortunately). I would think that people of strong faith and spiritual conviction would be well advised to protect their computer at least with a blessing if the threat is dire.

As to A.I.s surely this is doubly so if you genuinely think they are demonic. I confess I don't think they are. That is not to say that I don't regard them as the next hugely disruptive technology to hit our economy. We have barely become used to smart phones, and now we are getting these new machines that mimic elements of human intellectual labor that have previously been protected from modernization by virtue of their complexity. Worse still, the people using them are effectively training the A.I.s to put them out of a job. The workplace has changed so much since when I grew up in the 1970s, but in 20 years time it might be completely unrecognizable. I would still class that more as "Future Shock" than demonic infestation.

Fair enough. If a computer can be invested with demonic energy however, surely it can also be invested with angelic energy? After all demons are just fallen angels, so there is no reason why an angel cannot go where a demon is to drive it off. Blessings on the whole seem to be more static defenses, a bit more like barrier spraying against bugs imo (but not computer bugs unfortunately). I would think that people of strong faith and spiritual conviction would be well advised to protect their computer at least with a blessing if the threat is dire.

As to A.I.s surely this is doubly so if you genuinely think they are demonic. I confess I don't think they are. That is not to say that I don't regard them as the next hugely disruptive technology to hit our economy. We have barely become used to smart phones, and now we are getting these new machines that mimic elements of human intellectual labor that have previously been protected from modernization by virtue of their complexity. Worse still, the people using them are effectively training the A.I.s to put them out of a job. The workplace has changed so much since when I grew up in the 1970s, but in 20 years time it might be completely unrecognizable. I would still class that more as "Future Shock" than demonic infestation.
I do not see computers, or any inanimate thing as being possessed on its own. I think it is possible that if these unseen forces good or bad choose to use these things for their own purposes, it is possible. Not that the entity lives inside them. I think there is a lot of room for different beliefs here. That is my personal view on the topic at the moment. I have an open mind about the things we cannot prove, because there does seems to be something going on in the unseen world.

Reactions: Paulm
I don't think you understand how computers work. They aren't supernatural devices, and more than say, a blender or an air fryer is.
a computer proper isnt the actual topic here though.... while i understand you are new to the boards and havent seen the progression from thread to thread concerning a lot of the discussion on AI tech.... sure a computer program is a program, only capable of doing a set pattern of calculations and routes it has been programmed to do , nothing more, nothing less. A.I on the other hand is not a computer, per se, or a normal code, it is a program that "learns" as it grows..... so a lot of these discussions takes into account of the possibility of A.I becoming a sentient "being" of sorts.... (not that far off actually)... it isnt possibly confined to one system or network, it could very well be possible for it to cross the net and infect others, a sentient virus of sorts.... so while the topic may touch on computers, programs, etc... it also leaves open the possibility of "what if" or "whats next".... kinda a mish mash of throwing things out there and speculation along with the reality of where we currently stand......hope that makes just a little bit of sence...

Reactions: Lynne