Birth Order

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
A lot has been said about birth order and how it affects us.
I'm an oldest child and do think that influenced the way I was raised.
(By the time my parents got to the 4th child born when I was 14 they pretty much let him do whatever he wanted just because they were tired! lol)

Where do you fall in the order, and do you think it made a difference in who you have become?
And if you have kids, did your parenting style change as each child was born?

365248197_879697420181008_5831319111397539840_n.jpg

Oldest of five. Three sisters and one brother.

I reigned supreme. I got all the brains, good looks, charisma. Favorite of parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles. My siblings did the best they could, living their humble existence in my broad shadow. God bless 'em.

:)

Last edited:
Oldest of five. Three sisters and one brother.

I reigned supreme. I got all the brains, good looks, charisma. Favorite of parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles. My siblings did the best they could, living their humble existence in my broad shadow. God bless 'em.

:)
No ego problem there! ;bg3

Last edited:
I'm Benjamin. It literally means 'first born son', so my parents did their research on that one.
My mum could only take time out of work for my early years and when my first brother was a baby, so I was often in charge of him and even at weekends I had to take him to the park with me and make sure he came back in one piece. I had to be responsible, think of others and be an entertainer. That sounds a lot like me to this day, so yes, it made all the difference!

I am the youngest of three. I may have been the supposed 'favorite' but i also was the one that got blamed for everything my brother and sister did lol.
My younger brother actually deserved the blame! It took a while before my parents figured it out and stopped believing his lies!

I was the first born, my brother almost ten years later. I was raised strictly even though mum was young and my brother was spoilt as the family had money then and he got away with a lot too. I worried about my first daughter, the other two were cared for but not on that level . My middle girl is the most sensible and got burdened with doing things for the older one and watching out for the youngest. Jade a top daughter and mum now and I can relate to her more than the others.

Youngest of the litter.
I was an “accident “. Ooops. Now just look what you’ve done! Here to rule your Planet. Lol. I got screwed. Because of my birthly tardiness, I missed out on Disneyland, Mt. Rushmore, all the big trips. At that age, I wouldn’t have had any concept of what all that was anyway. Lol
But, I had the title of being the “favorite” and loved by all since I was da baby. Lol