Behind the Scenes, Secrets of the Skinwalker Ranch

Thanks, Lynne. I tell people it was my "Make-A-Wish", lol.

A few to start with. The largest scope I took to the ranch, a 7" Maksutov, on the Celestron mount that had stars disappear from it's database as the earth turned, and they drifted into the anomoly. Next is Travis' trailer, always a favorite. His red jeep parked to the far left. He and Kaleb would work-out under that tree, lifting weights and such. Next is a ranch shed, and then two Prometheus crew trailers. Then a veiw directly west from the helipad, looking directly at the triangle area. Finally a late night shot that I processed heavily in Photoshop, you can see the telescopes set up, with what looks like an interview going-on in the bright lights in the distance. The Command Center is to the right.
The picture that is at night and looks like an interview going on has a wierd shape in it. Did you notice that or is that just a distortion? It looks like an odd dark figure.

Travis has some of that Crocodile Hunter energy. Great part of show. Boy loves shooting rockets lol

Travis has some of that Crocodile Hunter energy. Great part of show. Boy loves shooting rockets lol
I crack up when I look at all the guys faces when anyone says let's launch a rocket up there, they are like little boys lighting off fireworks. When they brought out the flame thrower, I almost fell off the couch.

Reactions: 7Critter
I crack up when I look at all the guys faces when anyone says let's launch a rocket up there, they are like little boys lighting off fireworks. When they brought out the flame thrower, I almost fell off the couch.
Me too! Rocket is a trigger word for them boys. Travis must have said Rocket, 53 times in that one episode

KEEP THAT LASER BEAM UP THERE CALEB,I’M aGUNNA TRY AND POINT THAT ROCKET THERE ( travis )

Reactions: Paulm and Lynne
Me too! Rocket is a trigger word for them boys. Travis must have said Rocket, 53 times in that one episode

KEEP THAT LASER BEAM UP THERE CALEB,I’M aGUNNA TRY AND POINT THAT ROCKET THERE ( travis )
I love all these cast members; they are so real.

Reactions: Paulm and Stevedog
I love all these cast members; they are so real.
I love seeing them do the bits advertising the website and membership. When they have to look right at the camera and read a script their body language and line delivery is just so stiff and awkward.

Reactions: Paulm
Please note: The title of this thread is Behind the Scenes. It was set up to allow GoneWestUtah to share his insights as someone who has been on the show, experienced the ranch in person, and who is still in contact with others on the show.
We've gotten a bit off track, so I am moving some comments over to the actual show comment thread. If your comment went poof into the Mesa, you'll find it on the other thread!

Reactions: Lynne
We have all seen the activity at 1.6 gHz at SWR and other locations, when a particular volume of space is probed.
They have told us that "spacecraft" use those bands, as well as the military.

What nobody has said yet is that the range of 1.4 gHz to 1.7 gHz is called "The Water Hole" by radio astronomers, because signals in this band can travel enormous distances through space, relatively unimpeded, as well as our atmosphere not being opaque to it.
It is called the Water Hole because its a logical band for spacefaring species to communicate; humans gather at "watering holes" (pubs/bars) to socialize, and the astronomers liked the comparison.

The band is supposedly kept deliberately quiet for radio astronomers.

Let's see if this ever comes out.

You heard it first on the Paranormal Forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne
We have all seen the activity at 1.6 gHz at SWR and other locations, when a particular volume of space is probed.
They have told us that "spacraft" use those bands, as well as the military.

What nobody has said yet is that the range of 1.4 gHz to 1.7 gHz is called "The Water Hole" by radio astronomers, because signals in this band can travel enormous distances through space, relatively unimpeded, as well as our atmosphere not being opaque to it.
It is called the Water Hole because its a logical band for spacefaring species to communicate; humans gather at "watering holes" (pubs/bars) to socialize, and the astronomers liked the comparison.

The band is supposedly kept deliberately quiet for radio astronomers.

Let's see if this ever comes out.

You heard it first on the Paranormal Forum.
Is this because the signals are going through a worm hole or a portal?

Reactions: GoneWestUtah