Ancestry

There’s nothing to be afraid of, so I don’t see why all the fear. I had questions, and I was shocked and surprised to find out what my past is. It’s fascinating .
For some it is very useful. My great nephew's mom was adopted, so he had no clue what his heritage was, or who his extended family might be. Mom took one of the DNA tests and actually found her bio parents...and the answers to many medical questions and found out the Irish heritage. Now that we know, nephew truly can explain his red hair and very distinctive Irish looks. It also explains some of the medical issues.

The problem with those DNA tests is not what you find out, but who and what the DNA info is shared with. There is now a huge DNA base out there, and it's open to many governments. What THEY might do with it is the scary part. Bio-engineered and targeted weapons is just one of the possibilities.

My bloodline ends with me and I don't really care about my past ancestry. I know enough on my moms side and well I don't know who my dad is. I could easily find out,but why? I'm not worried what they'd do with my DNA. If the government wanted my DNA they'd have it already. If I had ever gotten a covid test I'd assume they have it or gave blood or had blood tests done,urine test,out of your garbage once it hits the curb,a glass you drank from,hair,ect. Fairfax identity labs has a huge data base it's helped solve murders and other crimes. So it can be used for good.

I got mine done, I believe the gov knows everything about us anyway. I've always been interested in ancestors because I could feel I wasn't just of UK decent like most white Aussies. I found I was Irish, African and Nordic. The African part was from slaves brought over here from Jamaica. My family always said we were of Maori decent but the DNA proved otherwise. It's good to see where your different traits come from.

I got mine done, I believe the gov knows everything about us anyway. I've always been interested in ancestors because I could feel I wasn't just of UK decent like most white Aussies. I found I was Irish, African and Nordic. The African part was from slaves brought over here from Jamaica. My family always said we were of Maori decent but the DNA proved otherwise. It's good to see where your different traits come from.
Totally Agreed Oz!

There’s nothing to be afraid of, so I don’t see why all the fear. I had questions, and I was shocked and surprised to find out what my past is. It’s fascinating .
I think the fear comes from the discrimination that can come from it. It puts your info in the hands of people who may not have your best interest. I wouldn't do it, but my daughter did and that outs everyone close to her genetically.

I think some people are scared family secrets will be revealed. To me this is what makes it interesting and found out my great grandad was the son of a maid who had an affair with the boss and was sent to Oz, lol. All good to me because if she didn't I wouldn't exist :) .

No interest here either.

It only traces your body's genetic line -- not YOUR history and it may not even be accurate according to some.