9/3/2015 (Thursday) - Interview with Linda Godfrey

I just got home

All right, everybody, straight from the horse's mouth and exclusive to MidnightFans.com. I sent an email to Linda Godfrey and she was kind enough to reply within an hour or so. I hope this is interesting for somebody else! My questions and her full answers below:

-----

Q: What compelled you to begin investigating the paranormal, and cryptids specifically?
A: It started for me as a newspaper reporter in late 1991-early 1992 when I discovered, investigated and broke the story I dubbed "The Beast of Bray Road" about a series of sightings of an upright, wolf-like creature outside of Elkhorn Wisconsin.

Q: You appear to be mostly concerned with events in your local area. Do you believe that the Wisconsin area is a paranormal hotbed, of sorts, or do you think anyone could find such occurrences in their neck of the woods if they look hard enough?
A: Actually, I receive and investigate and write about a variety of strange creature and phenomena from all over the U.S. and the world. My most recent book, American Monsters, was designed to show just how widespread and varied sightings of strange creatures are across North and South America. However, I can't deny that southern Wisconsin has a large share of anomalous incidents. I'm not sure why, although the state has a wide range of both unusual geological features (nope, it is NOT just cow pastures) as well as a rich and unique Native American heritage, both of which have inspired some theories about the origins or Wisconsin weirdness. And finally, these "hotbeds" do appear to exist in many, many other places.

Q: Last night, Art talked about infighting within the community...Would you be willing to comment on your perception of this alleged infighting, and whether it's affected your work in any way?
A: It's true there is a lot of infighting within groups about every type of anomaly, and I think the hostile atmosphere that results from this attitude both hinders free and open discussion and turns off newcomers who would rather not risk becoming targets of those with opposing beliefs. For myself, I try not to get involved in such situations as it's never productive. If people want to disagree with my work, that's their privilege and I wish them well.

-----

She also said she's excited about tonight's show. I hope it's a good one.

Her recipe for Orange Scones looks fine and I will try it out this weekend. Let you know how it works.
System, do you have any video recommendations from YT? I need some things I can doze through, please.

check out top5unknowns its got some pretty interesting stuff on it

Reactions: DoTell
All right, everybody, straight from the horse's mouth and exclusive to MidnightFans.com. I sent an email to Linda Godfrey and she was kind enough to reply within an hour or so. I hope this is interesting for somebody else! My questions and her full answers below:

-----

Q: What compelled you to begin investigating the paranormal, and cryptids specifically?
A: It started for me as a newspaper reporter in late 1991-early 1992 when I discovered, investigated and broke the story I dubbed "The Beast of Bray Road" about a series of sightings of an upright, wolf-like creature outside of Elkhorn Wisconsin.

Q: You appear to be mostly concerned with events in your local area. Do you believe that the Wisconsin area is a paranormal hotbed, of sorts, or do you think anyone could find such occurrences in their neck of the woods if they look hard enough?
A: Actually, I receive and investigate and write about a variety of strange creature and phenomena from all over the U.S. and the world. My most recent book, American Monsters, was designed to show just how widespread and varied sightings of strange creatures are across North and South America. However, I can't deny that southern Wisconsin has a large share of anomalous incidents. I'm not sure why, although the state has a wide range of both unusual geological features (nope, it is NOT just cow pastures) as well as a rich and unique Native American heritage, both of which have inspired some theories about the origins or Wisconsin weirdness. And finally, these "hotbeds" do appear to exist in many, many other places.

Q: Last night, Art talked about infighting within the community...Would you be willing to comment on your perception of this alleged infighting, and whether it's affected your work in any way?
A: It's true there is a lot of infighting within groups about every type of anomaly, and I think the hostile atmosphere that results from this attitude both hinders free and open discussion and turns off newcomers who would rather not risk becoming targets of those with opposing beliefs. For myself, I try not to get involved in such situations as it's never productive. If people want to disagree with my work, that's their privilege and I wish them well.

-----

She also said she's excited about tonight's show. I hope it's a good one.
FANTASTIC, Firek!!! Thanks for sharing!!! I now add you onto our field reporters list!!! lol Great job!

Reactions: Mokey
I do fear I'll be missing the show tonight. I don't know how, but I have to try and get some sleep so I can drive in one lane.

Reactions: surge and Debi
I do fear I'll be missing the show tonight. I don't know how, but I have to try and get some sleep so I can drive in one lane.

We'll miss your Mokeyness, but do get some rest for the trip! That cape can only do so much, ya know!!!

Reactions: Mokey
From Art Bell FB page:

Tonight on Midnight in the Desert

Linda S Godfrey: Werewolves