9/02/2015 (Wednesday) - Interview with Peter Davenport

A Brazilian social wasp, known as Polybia paulista, is being used in the race to find a cure for cancer.

polybia-paulista.jpg
I read the article. This sounds encouraging

Finished listening to the show. It was great very interesting. I wish he would have talked more about Putin and the KGB. But Art's guest didn't hold back anything while he was talking.

Reactions: Debi
I had the golden opportunity to meet Peter Davenport in the 90's. I was a guest speaker at a MUFON meeting in Seattle. I discussed the strange goo experience in Oakville and the sighting of a triangular object on the 4th day after the first fall out of the goo. I had prepared a drawing of the craft. After the meeting Peter came up to me to show me a drawing by a couple in Hawaii who had seen the same craft I had seen. We talked for a few minutes. One of the things I learned is that the number of reports he receives monthly is huge. Said he took most reports on his answering machine and at the end of the week he could fill one or two shoeboxes with the tapes from the machine. That's a lot of reports. Very nice man who has done this job for years with little or no funding. Seattle MUFON members included several engineers in the aeronautics industry. I was very impressed with the people I met there.

I enjoyed hearing about Peter's ideas about radar and passive radar. He mentioned people using the old AFSSS space fence that was turned off in Sept 2013. That was an excellent source for collecting data on orbiting objects, as it was a large transmitter of 800,000 watts that emitted a narrow beam of approx 8 degrees upward into space. It provided a fence type beam that would reflect the signal back toward Earth when an object passed though it. The beam covered almost the entiresouthern width section of the US. The beam reached way out there, much farther than advertised. When the moon passed over the beam area you could received the radar return from it too. Radio hobbyists used the space fence to track satellites, space debris, and other objects that went through the fence. Some say they got reflections from objects that must have been massive and slow moving, as returns from these showed patterns similar to the moon, but slower and bigger! Who knows what those were, but it sure is interesting.
Too bad they shut off that system.

Reactions: 7Critter and Debi