10 years of experiences from the same house

facetus_malum

Reaction score
For about 10 years starting in the early 90s (during my teenage years) we lived in a house that we built on an old property, repurposing or tearing down the old buildings that were there. During this time I've had quite a few bizarre experiences. Some may have reasonable explanation, others not so much. Quite a few things happened in this house and I felt appropriate to post them together, so this will be a long post.

1. The scratching sounds
As I lay in bed reading a book one night, I started hearing what sounds like our cat scratching at my desk in the bedroom. After a couple minutes of hearing the non-stop scratching, I decided to investigate and get the cat to stop doing it. As I stood up, the scratching stopped. I looked under the desk, under the bed, I looked everywhere. No cat, no scratching. I did not hear the cat leaving the room or any other sound for the rest of the night.

2. The floating face
On a different night I was again in bed, reading a book, and I dozed off with the book in my hands. After a little while I woke up and as I opened my eyes I saw a human-looking face in front of me. Immediately, over the course of a second, the face moved away and disappeared into a point across the room. It happened very quickly and I didn’t make out much detail, but I remember the face as being an older female with grayish hair.

3. The missing blanket
One night I woke up to realize that my blanket is nowhere to be found. I looked around, looked under the bed, but couldn't find it. I couldn't bother looking for it in the middle of the night and went back to sleep without it. The next day I did go looking for it, and found it in the closet down the hallway. I brushed it off to sleepwalking, although it never really happens to me.

4. The green UFO
Yet another time as I was laying in bed getting ready to sleep, I saw a glowing green orb moving across the sky outside. It looked to be fairly far away, but it was hard to judge how far and how high off the ground. It floated across the window and I lost sight of it. Sadly, my young self didn't muster enough courage to go up to the window to take another look at it. Still kicking myself for not doing it.

5. The muffled voices
Most days as I came home from school there was no one there, my parents being at work. The front door of the house led to a hallway, with an entryway into the living room about 8 feet away. On multiple occasions as I entered the house I could hear muffled voices coming from the living room, they sounded almost as if the TV was on at a low volume. As soon as I would take a peek into the living room, the sounds stopped, and the TV wasn’t on. I brushed it off the first time, but it happened several more times. I would stop myself to make sure I’m really hearing it, then slowly move towards the living room. Sure enough, I’d hear the voices until I peek inside. I would then go back towards the front door but I wouldn’t hear anything.

6. The thrown object
This is the most bizarre thing that happened. My bedroom was set up in a way such that my back is not facing the room at any point, I couldn't stand it. I had my desk in the back of the room, my back facing the window and the entire room visible to me. It took more room than it could have otherwise, but it was the only way for me to feel comfortable.
A few days before the event happened I took a plastic bottle and cut the bottom off it, to use as a container for some small items. For now it just sat on a shelf, empty.
As I sat at my computer one day, all alone in the house, I caught movement in the hallway with my peripheral vision. I moved my eyes off the screen towards the hallway and saw the same plastic container being tossed into the room. It flew in an arc and landed in the middle of the room. I didn’t see who or what threw it, and there was not a single sound before or after it happened, apart from the little thump of it landing on the carpet.
It's been at least 20 years, and I've thought about this experience many times. I still can't find an explanation.

My mom had a couple weird things happen as well. One night she woke up because it felt like she was being held down and choked, as soon as she woke up it stopped. On another occasion she had a very vivid dream in which she saw a classic flying saucer landing in our backyard and grays entering the house. She was never into the UFO subject at all.

Eventually, the circumstances meant we had to sell the house and move. I haven’t had any such experiences since then. Whatever it was must have belonged to that property, and stayed there. I'm now on the other side of the country and don't even know the current owners. Would be interesting to see if they had any experiences at any point.

I hope you don't mind the very long post.

An excellent post! You laid out the details very well. I would agree whatever it was most likely was attached to the land or the old buildings on the property. Very classic encounters and activity. I've also had things fly across a room so I know how unnerving that can be.

I would agree with Debi. This seems to be a land issue. Unless somehow there is a new item purchased when the home was built (antique, yard sale, etc). The home i grew up in was also brand new but as far as i know, nothing was on the property but woods. I was just born when my parents moved into it. There were many experiences there as well. Inside and out and encompassing the neighborhood. When you are a small child, your brain doesn't rationalize the way we do as adults. Things happened and maybe since used to it or whatever, it just seemed normal after awhile. Until my teen years i started looking more into it what i and others have witnessed and realizing none of that was normal lol.

Can't recall anything specific that could have been bought. My guess it is indeed the land. The good thing is that at no point it felt aggressive (other than that one incident with my mom, but it could have been an unrelated case of sleep paralysis). The thrown object felt almost friendly, as if whatever it was said "here, this is yours, just giving it back".

Through my years of having experiences, the older i get my perception has changed drastically. I have come to the conclusion now that the more it is left to 'do it's thing', the more you will experience. It all comes down to whether you allow it to continue. In the end, we have control over our domain. If these entities or residuals, or whatever they may be, we can take steps to remove it completely. I myself, am over it lol. I don't have many experiences as of late, but on occasion still occur. I have been told once we are opened to it, we are more prone to witness such things. Kind of sucks, but i guess whatever the event we witness, we try to handle the best we can and know there are ways we can try to prevent further invasions.

Was that the only time an object was thrown? Wonder why the only aggressive event only happened to your mom?
As far as I remember it was the only time. The thing is, this object was first removed from my shelf without my knowledge. It just so happened that the entity decided to "return" it while I was there. Who knows if other things moved without anyone noticing.

I suspect the incident with my mom might have been sleep paralysis and nothing paranormal at all, but who knows.

Always rubbed me the wrong way when something is NOT where you left it and you search and search only eventually it is right back where it was lol. Never had something returned to me in that fashion. Think i can live without that :)

Reactions: garnetsilver
Always rubbed me the wrong way when something is NOT where you left it and you search and search only eventually it is right back where it was lol. Never had something returned to me in that fashion. Think i can live without that :)
That is often called an apport. I've had it happen! Lynne has had stuff fall out of thin air into her hands.

Welcome Factus, btw does your forum name have a special meaning?

Thanks for sharing your story. I think some properties are either a portal to somewhere or just haunted for some reason. The alien aspect of this is interesting, have you or anyone in the home ever have missing time? Do you have RH neg blood? Have you seen UFOS other than the orb?

Reactions: Selectric