Youtube madness

There are two new ones out there that are beginning to grow and that are completely stand alone, censor free platforms. They are just beginning to grow. One is Steemit. Can't remember the name of the other one but I'm sure I'll see it again soon.
Vero’s a good one too. If you sign up before they get their servers at optimal performance they’re offering everyone free membership for life.

No censorship, metadata or ads

I've not seen those Wikipedia sidebars at all, but yesterday a video I clicked on was prefaced by an alarming warning that some Youtubers had found the video objectionable. I had to click that I agreed to watch it. I've never seen that one before. Is this the replacement plan? What alarmed me came in two stages.

1) The video was just a dumb opinion piece with someone saying she didn't like feathered dinosaurs. That's it. It was a waste of five minutes, but she wasn't saying that dinosaurs didn't have feathers or contradicting any facts or doing anything but saying that she was disappointed with how reality had turned out compared to her childhood imaginings! Really, Youtube? Is this worth putting people off watching it? VERY worrying.

2) It gets worse. Today, what should drop into my recommended list but.... a neo-Nazi race hate video against mixed marriages, complete with a (white) American woman identifying herself as one of the European Christian race (newsflash, crazy Nazis! Europeans aren't a race, a far lower percentage are Christian and we don't come from the US and Christian certainly isn't a race and you can't breed Christian Europeans in America via genetic 'purity'!!!) It was not just mild "I don't think it's a good idea" type stuff. It was white supremacist crap all the way. Top comment? "There are a lot of Jews in the comments". I kid you not. This has it's own popular channel.

I supported Youtube provided links to counter disinformation, but .... , Youtube cleaning up it's act consists of... being alarmist about childhood nostalgia while recommending neo-Nazi* hate group propaganda. Nice job, Youtube!

*It's not Godwin's Law if there are ACTUAL NAZIS!

I can't complain or object, because Youtube will maintain my account but won't allow me to interact in any way as they require a phone number and mine isn't on their list.

Is this incompetence on a grand scale or something worse?

Last edited:
I've not seen those Wikipedia sidebars at all, but yesterday a video I clicked on was prefaced by an alarming warning that some Youtubers had found the video objectionable. I had to click that I agreed to watch it. I've never seen that one before. Is this the replacement plan? What alarmed me came in two stages.

1) The video was just a dumb opinion piece with someone saying she didn't like feathered dinosaurs. That's it. It was a waste of five minutes, but she wasn't saying that dinosaurs didn't have feathers or contradicting any facts or doing anything but saying that she was disappointed with how reality had turned out compared to her childhood imaginings! Really, Youtube? Is this worth putting people off watching it? VERY worrying.

2) It gets worse. Today, what should drop into my recommended list but.... a neo-Nazi race hate video against mixed marriages, complete with a (white) American woman identifying herself as one of the European Christian race (newsflash, crazy Nazis! Europeans aren't a race, a far lower percentage are Christian and we don't come from the US and Christian certainly isn't a race and you can't breed Christian Europeans in America via genetic 'purity'!!!) It was not just mild "I don't think it's a good idea" type stuff. It was white supremacist crap all the way. Top comment? "There are a lot of Jews in the comments". I kid you not. This has it's own popular channel.

I supported Youtube provided links to counter disinformation, but .... , Youtube cleaning up it's act consists of... being alarmist about childhood nostalgia while recommending neo-Nazi* hate group propaganda. Nice job, Youtube!

I can't complain or object, because Youtube will maintain my account but won't allow me to interact in any way as they require a phone number and mine isn't on their list.

You have to wonder what filters are set up to trigger video warnings or user bans.

You have to wonder what filters are set up to trigger video warnings or user bans.
this is nothing new, back when i was looking for insurance for my car .. well, still to this day I get an ad that pops up on any given page saying "People that drive a Subaru Forrester and live in Lapeer Michigan need to see this".
Anything Kellie shops for on wish or e-bay behind my back is shown to me through ADS on my pc because she uses my Debit card. you can use a VPN but a lot of sites that have the best deals partner with Google and do not allow anything that doesn't accept tracking cookies. This is all NSA using 9-11 as an excuse to take away your freedom, I would post a youtube video on the subject but I am getting a hint here that you guys don't want to see it. So, I will end this reply with my new exit theme.

Hear me now and believe me later!

Reactions: 7Critter and Benway

What I hit on Facebook yesterday was interesting. With our company page, we are always "asked" to "boost" an article to get more "likes" by paying for that boost. (Which I never do, BTW.) However, yesterday I saw that one of the articles was listed as "No boost available". When I checked it out, they said it was because it was not eligible by their standards.

Freedom died, folks.

BOTH!

Huh? Since when do they need your number? Last year the only reason I needed to give my mumber is to verify me to let me make videos longer than 15 minutes or 10MB