Your choice...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
TODAY'S QUESTION IS ASKED BY Lynne!

How do you want to be buried and why? Cremation, freezing, drawer , plot, stuffed etc. :D Service, no service, wake, celebration of life?

No answer is wrong...it's all up to you.

I'd really like to be just left in the bush to feed the wildlife.In reality I will be cremated with no service or after party, as I cant stand it when people come to funerals but wouldn't visit the person while on this Earth.I may end up as bush tucker if I die out there .Here's hoping.lol.

I may end up as bush tucker if I die out there .Here's hoping.lol.

That happens down here in the valley more than I'm comfortable with. :p

Cremation

Reasons:

Physically ~ I'm not giving $12,000 dollars for a box and another $5,000 for a place to put it. Cremation. Hobby Lobby box. Ashes spread with my husbands and doggy friends behind the cabin. Smoke em if you got em.

Spiritually ~ I have places to be.

cremation, with my ashes to be scattered somewhere nice, but a wide open space, I don't think anyone should hold on to them, they have to "let go" at some point...as ive gotten older I realize that a service or gathering of some type is for all the loved ones to remember and mourn and let go or release you to the next level. so a gathering of sorts will be up to those left behind, I would hope that its not just a sad event but a celebration of life and moving on to new beginnings......maybe a bonfire and keg of rum should be included...hmmm, have to think on that one a while.....lol
edited to add,... try to live life so ppl don't talk about how you died, but how you lived....

Last edited:
cremation, with my ashes to be scattered somewhere nice, but a wide open space, I don't think anyone should hold on to them, they have to "let go" at some point...as ive gotten older I realize that a service or gathering of some type is for all the loved ones to remember and mourn and let go or release you to the next level. so a gathering of sorts will be up to those left behind, I would hope that its not just a sad event but a celebration of life and moving on to new beginnings......maybe a bonfire and keg of rum should be included...hmmm, have to think on that one a while.....lol
edited to add,... try to live life so ppl don't talk about how you died, but how you lived....
With a keg of rum at your funeral Paulm you might not be the only one getting cremated,me hearties.:anchor:

Cremated, probably. I used to be a memorial counselor, and also sold pre -need plans. I have always disliked the idea of a casket and a vault (which was the way the plans were sold). That burial pod sounds really great! And the money that is charged to dispose of remains is really too much, IMO. I would probably like a nice funeral with my favorite classical music played, though.

All the options are disturbing to me. This is why I asked the question. I guess it shouldn’t matter because your soul is not in there and logically I know this. So I am presently undecided.

I haven't even thought of it. Truthfully I don't care if they use me as a scarecrow when I'm gone I'm gone. My body is only my outer shell. I'm not going to care after I'm gone. Although I'm sure when I die it'll be in a house with like 50 cats and dogs and spiders and I'll forever be known as the crazy cat lady down the street lol.