Your choice....

Many people remember "The Day After," but few remember the other nuclear disaster, made-for-TV movie that predated it by six months or so. "Special Bulletin" was a fictitious news network broadcast of terrorists threatening to set off a nuclear weapon aboard a small ship in Charleston, SC harbor. Amazingly, many people who joined the movie in midstream thought it was a real news broadcast, despite the fact disclaimers were repeatedly given, the "network" didn't exist, and all other news/media sources carried on with business/programming as usual.

This movie is available free on YouTube, might make an interesting selection for PFN's movie night.

Excellent idea, Duke. Thanks. I have grabbed that and put it with our movie holds.

Reactions: Lynne
I watched signs as a young child and it pretty thoroughly freaked me out.

Something about The Grudge freaked me out when I was younger.

The Frankenstein Chronicles, it's more of a series than a movie. The town constable is looking for lost children when he finds a dead child washed ashore but not only is the child dead is was put together from many different children and some kind of experiment was done on its corps, this is in a time before it was legal to do autopsies and use dead bodies for scientific purposes . The constable inlists grave robbers and doctors to try and catch the evil scientist. He is then told to visit a man who in real life I admired (William Blake) He shows the odd drawings he found at a kidnapping scene to Blake, who has a vision of a great evil force, while Blake is on his deathbed he has a seizure and Mary Schelly demands The constable to leave the house at once. in the midst of all this, the constable is suffering from syphilis when he goes home he takes mercury for the sickness which makes him have delusions.

Later on, when they catch a band of murderers who sell their victims to scientists they ambush him and the smell of death is so overpowering you can actually sense the horror that is going through the mind of this man... I stopped watching the series because it was giving me hellacious nightmares and I don't scare easy, maybe it's the fact that I studied William Drake in my past that had me all freaked out by this but I have this feeling that living back then in those times would have been horrible and what people did to survive was pure evil.

Tough question.... Well, it's not really; the realistic nuclear war films terrify more than anything. Sometimes some ****hat pilot flies too low and the BOOM has me lying awake in bed wondering if this is it.... Brrr.

Other than that, it's a tough question.
Blue Velvet?
I think that one had me clawing the arms of the chair and yelling a bit.

Reactions: Paintman
I remember being scared while watching " The Omen" (1976)

American diplomat Robert (Gregory Peck) adopts Damien (Harvey Stephens) when his wife, Katherine (Lee Remick), delivers a stillborn child. After Damien's first nanny hangs herself, Father Brennan (Patrick Troughton) warns Robert that Damien will kill Katherine's unborn child. Shortly thereafter, Brennan dies and Katherine miscarries when Damien pushes her off a balcony. As more people around Damien die, Robert investigates Damien's background and realizes his adopted son may be the Antichrist.
I'm not a parent, but the whole concept of your own child being a total monster who has to die is really terrifying. The unstoppable death by magic part would be scary in it's own movie, but that's just sprinkles in The Omen!