You don't know...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE IT WILL TAKE YOU, BUT YOU'VE BEEN TOLD IT'S SAFE. THE SCIENTISTS SAY YOU CAN GET BACK HERE IF YOU DO BUT THEY CAN'T TELL YOU WHERE YOU'D GO. WOULD YOU STEP INTO IT?

Reactions: Paintman
YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE IT WILL TAKE YOU, BUT YOU'VE BEEN TOLD IT'S SAFE. THE SCIENTISTS SAY YOU CAN GET BACK HERE IF YOU DO BUT THEY CAN'T TELL YOU WHERE YOU'D GO. WOULD YOU STEP INTO IT?

But I would need more info to answer this question. Like, "what is the potential benefit for me?" Is there something potentially lucrative "out there?" So, why should I bother doing this in the first place? I mean, like, if it were, say, some new "particle transformer" like in Star Trek that just breaks me down molecularly and sends me to another location, well, no, why would I bother? Screw that, why take the risk of not being fully assembled again? LOL. If I wanted to travel I could just catch a plane.
There needs to be a potential or even probable upside. Like a magical kingdom where 72 gorgeous nubile virgins await me.
Mmm...or is that too Islamic? LOL.

This post sorta reminds me of a hypothetical question I like to ask people. One that I believe I first heard from Carl Sagan.......

"Which would you rather have...........One year in the country of your choice, anywhere on Earth?
Or one hour on the Moon?"

See....I'd say 90% of the people I ask this to answer the country. But me, I say, The Moon. That view of the Big Blue Marble! All the astronauts who have seen it say it is a life-changing experience. An epiphany of sorts.

Cheers.

No. The World of yesteryear was generally a brutal place. Imagine living without indoor plumbing. Would wild animals try to attack Shadow T. Cat ? Maybe baseball hasn't been invented yet ? No Siree . No " A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court" for me.:p

Oh, so it's a time machine? Guess I should have watched the video.

Still wouldn't do it. Like you say, the world was a brutal and dangerous place. I've won a bunch of barroom bets where I claim that the world right now is more peaceful and less violent than it has ever been. Whenever I hear somebody going off about what a terribly violent war torn time we now live in, I trot this factoid out. Google it and see that it's true.

Hey...I once began a government conspiracy theory on an internet forum! On time travel! Had quite a few bites, and also pissed off a few members. Since my Dad is retired Skunkworks I know just enough anecdotal stories and rumors to sound credible.

My story went, that it was indeed an alien spacecraft that crashed at Roswell NM back in 1947. And the visitors had in fact mastered time travel, as would in fact any ET visitors would need to. Since they have to be coming from at least 4.3 light years away. I won't elaborate on this part now, for the sake of brevity, but trust me that it's true. Most likely, a great deal further then four light years.

So, anyway, the government reverse engineered this space craft and it's onboard time manipulating technology in a project called Project Lego. And when they finally, after about two decades mastered the technology, they began time travel excursions! This was called Project Swiss Watch! LOL. And then I used some time travel photos from the net to prove this. Like the famous time travelling hipster photo. And the one of that woman walking down the street talking on a cell phone from circa 1940. It was awesome! I was on a great tool for weeks. Made up s whistle blower retired Skunkworks guy named Phil should fed me the info. He was pissed and disgruntled since his wife was killed during a time travel excision. Which, btw, Operation Swiss Watch insiders call TTE's.

The guys who do the TTE's are called CI's for Continuum interrupters, since they interrupt the Space Time Continuum. They call them Eyes for short.

I'm still contemplating a novel on all this, so don't spread it around too much, please! LOL

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
Oh...sorry, I meant to add this link to my post above. I pasted some of the pics from this link as proof of my Project Swiss Watch story. I even added that the woman in the white dress talking on the cell had violated protocol and was severely sanctioned. The MIB seen walking about twenty feet behind her bring one of the CI supervisors. Called Trackers.

Sadly, and also a bit mysteriously, the young woman was killed a mere four months after this photo was taken during another Continuum interruptor Excursion. (CIE).

Man, I was really slingin it, eh? LOL.

PICTURED: The STAGGERING photos thought to 'PROVE time travel EXISTS'

Reactions: Debi and Paintman