Writers hear their characters speak

You write Debi?
Once upon a time....

Don't have anything in print today, but have published several stories and articles over the years. I do have one of my stories on here somewhere that I believe you have read in the past.

(Heck, look how many posts I have on this forum....I also consider that writing these days. I pretty much have my heart and soul imprinted on this program.)

Once upon a time....

Don't have anything in print today, but have published several stories and articles over the years. I do have one of my stories on here somewhere that I believe you have read in the past.

(Heck, look how many posts I have on this forum....I also consider that writing these days. I pretty much have my heart and soul imprinted on this program.)
Did you ever publish in a magazine? Like Fate or similar? [I heard myself asking that like we were on “To Tell the Truth”.]

Reactions: Lynne
Did you ever publish in a magazine? Like Fate or similar? [I heard myself asking that like we were on “To Tell the Truth”.]
LOL None of the big time ones, no. Mine were mostly in Spiritual related mags. Circle Magazine, Spirit and Life, etc.

Reactions: Paulm and Benway
LOL None of the big time ones, no. Mine were mostly in Spiritual related mags. Circle Magazine, Spirit and Life, etc.
Happy to know you published. It can be important for credibility In some rounds. Just sounds like sheer fun and pride.

Reactions: Benway and Debi
This is an amazing thing to consider, are these channeled spirits of actual people, or writers on the other side? Imagination? I have never thought of this type of thing.

This is an amazing thing to consider, are these channeled spirits of actual people, or writers on the other side? Imagination? I have never thought of this type of thing.
I have never felt I am channeling a character...I can just imagine what they might say and hear that voice.

Now, when writing to assist someone, or give advice or help, I sometimes do not know where those words come from. It's like I'm in another state of being when that happens. This state, I believe, may be something like channeling from another source. Some call it being "in the zone."

Now, when writing to assist someone, or give advice or help, I sometimes do not know where those words come from. It's like I'm in another state of being when that happens. This state, I believe, may be something like channeling from another source. Some call it being "in the zone."
I feel that way too, when someone needs comfort or advice.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi