Would you....

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
35272110_2559335954092483_1449866060164497408_n.png

In high school I said I should be a lawyer and a friend of mine said I can’t because I have morals. So judge it is :D

Reactions: Paulm and Paintman

Well... Obviously I picked the lawyer route but ya kinda have to do your time in that arena before you get to the cool smashing gavel job.

Also, I have waaay too much ADHD to sit in one spot trying to keep a solemn expression on my face. I would refuse to wear those ugly gigantic robes. I'm sorry, but i don't get all dressed up in the morning just to go cover up in a mumu and sweat all day. I'd be cruising around the intrawebz under the bench.. Texting, reading articles about the top ten tooth brushes of the year, stalking the forum, practicing how to use a Bluetooth ear piece without moving my lips when I talk. Oh yeah, and I need bathroom breaks every twenty minutes.

Also, I'd be asked to step down before finishing my first day. Why? I simply cannot control my 'omfg you're an asshat moan'; rolling my eyes at the ridiculous lawyer tactics; rolling my eyes and sighing loudly and dramatically at pretty much everything going on; slamming my head down and exclaiming that we just need to end this potential two month case now because I already know the verdict; outloud laughing and guffaws at horrible witnesses; slapping a defendant, who came to try prove their innocence and avoid lock up, up against the back of their head for wearing a sweat stained old saggy t-shirt and dirty pants; taking hair clippers to said defendants to rid the world of mullets; strangling experts called in who take up to five days explaining how it was proven that the bloody knife found in the hands of the killer was the murder weapon.

Also, I love defending implicated individuals. Pays good too. :sunglasses:

( Shhhhh..... I don't think Mokey wants to be a judge.)*
* That's my psychological opinion, from a guy who doesn't want to be a psychologist.

Reactions: Debi and NobleHouse
Well... Obviously I picked the lawyer route but ya kinda have to do your time in that arena before you get to the cool smashing gavel job.

Also, I have waaay too much ADHD to sit in one spot trying to keep a solemn expression on my face. I would refuse to wear those ugly gigantic robes. I'm sorry, but i don't get all dressed up in the morning just to go cover up in a mumu and sweat all day. I'd be cruising around the intrawebz under the bench.. Texting, reading articles about the top ten tooth brushes of the year, stalking the forum, practicing how to use a Bluetooth ear piece without moving my lips when I talk. Oh yeah, and I need bathroom breaks every twenty minutes.

Also, I'd be asked to step down before finishing my first day. Why? I simply cannot control my 'omfg you're an asshat moan'; rolling my eyes at the ridiculous lawyer tactics; rolling my eyes and sighing loudly and dramatically at pretty much everything going on; slamming my head down and exclaiming that we just need to end this potential two month case now because I already know the verdict; outloud laughing and guffaws at horrible witnesses; slapping a defendant, who came to try prove their innocence and avoid lock up, up against the back of their head for wearing a sweat stained old saggy t-shirt and dirty pants; taking hair clippers to said defendants to rid the world of mullets; strangling experts called in who take up to five days explaining how it was proven that the bloody knife found in the hands of the killer was the murder weapon.

Also, I love defending implicated individuals. Pays good too. :sunglasses:

I absolutely love the judge who is handling our case for baby j, she is no nonsense I'm not going to sit here all day like Mokey stated above. But once the hearing is done and the hearing goes off record she doesn't hesitate to rip the a** off anyone who decided to play stupid or try to act like they didn't have enough common sense to answer a yes or no question, and she tells them in no uncertain terms.

So if I HAD to choose I'd want to be a judge just like her.... but honestly I'd rather just avoid being either, I see a lot of downsides to both

Reactions: Paintman and Mokey
I started out wanting to be a lawyer but ended up with a paralegal degree. I actually see the advantages of both but I think a judge would be way more fun.

Reactions: Charleh